PDA

View Full Version : Fiji Purple T5HO

mseepman
02-20-2008, 04:38 AM
I just got my 39w T5HO bulb from Hidden Reef (thanks to Interior Reef for picking it up) and I'm really impressed. I have a DIY mod to my Coralife Aqualight Pro that doesn't have much going for it (only a partial reflector, etc.) but this bulb really makes my coral pop. There is some very visible reds when it runs with just my Actinics, but with my MH (14k) it looks great...at least in my opinion.

My photo skills are far too bad to really give this justice, but I would encourage someone to look at this bulb. If you live in the Okanagan and want to take a look, let me know.

The help from Hidden Reef was really good too considering that the 1st bulb got destroyed by Grey Hound.

Snappy
02-20-2008, 05:47 AM
I use them to supplement my MH's and am pleased with them as well.

Stones
02-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows which retailers carry these bulbs? Looked on Hidden reef's website but couldn't find them. Thanks.

andresont
02-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows which retailers carry these bulbs? Looked on Hidden reef's website but couldn't find them. Thanks.

I use these too.http://www.hiddenreef.ca/storefront/storefront.php?function=viewproduct&productid=600&categoryid=71

in my 6 bulbs TEK fixture i have 2 pink, 2 12Kwhites and 2 Super blue.
The blue, greens, pinks and red coral colors are amazing . well they were before i got them RTN'ed with too much flow thrugh Zeo rocks.:sad:

Snappy
02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
I got mine from Wai's in Calgary.

mseepman
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
If you give Hidden Reef a call, they do carry them and a lot of other stuff that isn't listed on their site.

Interior_Reef
02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
mark, do you have a pic of your setup? wouldnt mind seeing how you did your light.

mseepman
02-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Chris,

Here is what the full tank shot looks like. Keep in mind that I have my fluval temporarily setup in front of the tank (the pipes running up the front) running Charcoal while I clean out the FWE that I treated with recently.

Again my photo skills are limited and I would say when you see it fully, you don't see this much purple...just a lot of "POP" on the corals.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/Full_Tank_Feb08.JPG

Interior_Reef
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I like it.. Looks great

Okguy
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Mark, the tank looks great! Let me know when you feel confident that the flat worms are gone. I'm thinking we should get the hammer for frogspawn trade going.

Cheers,

Kevin

mseepman
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Kevin,

See my response in your other thread.