PDA

View Full Version : New Tank Suggestions please.

dsaundry
02-19-2008, 12:34 AM
:biggrin: Ok I need some suggestions, I am setting up a 27g bowfront in my office. I have plenty of rock and I am trying to determine stocking it. I am just going to use pc lighting so I am not going to put anything in it but a few hardy corals and fish, etc. I have one lovely mushroom rock I am going to use and I think I may put some Ricordea's on a rock as well. As for fish, I am probably going for something that stay's on the smaller side..Perc's?? Pseudochromis??
Goby's?? Cleaner or Sexy Shrimps?? I have a cleaner crew of a few different varieties of snails, maybe an urchin?? I am Looking for suggestions and idea's here.. Maybe a bubble coral??:biggrin:

phillybean
02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
What do you do for work? Are you in an authority role?

Reason I ask is I am and if I could, I would loved to have a Mantis Shrimp in my office. Just screams "Mess with me and I'm holding your fingers in"

dsaundry
02-19-2008, 01:30 AM
As a matter of fact I am in an authority role. I own and run my own shop. As for a Mantis, I might be a little worried about glass breaking. I like them but I think I would rather have them in a larger, thicker tank.:biggrin:

SeaSerpant
02-19-2008, 01:37 AM
maybe a nice mollie or make a tank just with some sexy shrimp. that would be cool.

dsaundry
02-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Molly's I have had and a lot of people dont know that they can go in salt water if you are patient, however I have had them before and I am going for a different look. Thought about a Pistol shrimp with a Goby, but I am still debating that too. It might boil down to seeing what members have for sale locally or going out one Sunday to a few LFS's and making my decision that day. I am in no major hurry so we will see...Keep those suggestions coming..:biggrin:

phillybean
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Own a run a shop with a fish tank in the office eh'...where do I apply?

How thick is the glass?

A pistol shrimp/goby combo would be awesome with some LPS/softies.

Or you could go with a natural fuge'. There is a thread on RC right now with some great display fuge's, which look awesome and would be unique.

SeaSerpant
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
instead of a nano you could do a pico. :D

sharuq1
02-20-2008, 03:57 AM
This would be a very cute addition

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=181

fishoholic
02-20-2008, 04:15 AM
This would be a very cute addition

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=181

I second that! I love small cute gobies :biggrin:

dsaundry
02-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Yes I like the Goby's too. A Goby+Shrimp would be nice but I think I may go with a mated pair of Golden Coral Banded Shrimp that have just come into my possesion..Keep the suggestions up please though...:biggrin:

chevyjaxon
02-20-2008, 10:10 PM
if you have the money maybe a species only tank with seahorses?

dsaundry
02-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I dont think I want to tackle a seahorse tank yet. I think I want to get a few more years under my belt before I try one of those.:biggrin:

Hail_Ceasar
02-20-2008, 10:50 PM
you have alot of options with a 27g here are some i think would be cool.

-Dward lionfish if ar'nt to picky about haveing lots of shrimp.
-Pair of clownfish
- Flame angel would do ok i have one in my 29g biocube
- in fact in a 27g bowfont you could prob have a pair of clownfish and a flame angel
- Several different gobies like a watchman and a fire fish