PDA

View Full Version : Cyclop-eeze

fishoholic
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
I was wondering how nutritional is cyclopeeze? It's the only thing right now that our last remaining anthias will eat. I've tried pellets, mysis, garlic soaked mysis and the anthias wont touch it. I figure cyclopeeze is better then nothing, but it doesn't seem like much to eat. Any ideas anyone? We do have lots of pods in the tank, but I don't know if the anthias is eating them or not. So far the anthias looks healthy but since I've already lost 2 others I want this one to live.

untamed
02-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Anthias are built to eat nearly constantly. They'll do best with multiple small feedings per day.

justinl
02-18-2008, 11:26 PM
well it doesn't seem like you have much choice either way does it? luckily, cyclops is pretty good as afar as fish food goes. The anthias is probably eating your pods and subsisting mostly on that so it might be a good idea to have a refugium to be sure pods will always be around. As brad already mentioned, anthias are built to eat little bits, many times a day... at least three small feedings a day wouldn't be out of order imo.

fishoholic
02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
well it doesn't seem like you have much choice either way does it? luckily, cyclops is pretty good as afar as fish food goes. The anthias is probably eating your pods and subsisting mostly on that so it might be a good idea to have a refugium to be sure pods will always be around. As brad already mentioned, anthias are built to eat little bits, many times a day... at least three small feedings a day wouldn't be out of order imo.

Thanks for the info. We do have a fuge with lots of pods in it so hopefully that helps.

fishmaster
02-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Cyclopeze is highly nutritious, a varied diet would be better but good thing they like something of good value. You could try soaking it in selcon once in a while to add to it.