PDA

View Full Version : Lost a fish in QT

mark
02-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Lost a 1.5" Potters after 18 days in what I thought was going to be a foolproof QT (converted 20G refugium, ~10lb LR with CSS65 skimmer). Found this morning when getting ready to do what would have been my 4th 5g change.

Was eating, looked good, active maybe a little faded in colour from when I got it. Only thing was last couple of days seems to be hiding a bit more when I was in the room. SG and temp good, NO3=0.0, all I had for NH3 test was an expired Hagen so wouldn't bet a 100% but measured zero.

Ideas?

TNTCanada
02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.. Could have just been stress... faded color.. hiding... smaller tank then it been used to.... change in water chemistry ... cyanide caught???

naesco
02-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Lost a 1.5" Potters after 18 days in what I thought was going to be a foolproof QT (converted 20G refugium, ~10lb LR with CSS65 skimmer). Found this morning when getting ready to do what would have been my 4th 5g change.

Was eating, looked good, active maybe a little faded in colour from when I got it. Only thing was last couple of days seems to be hiding a bit more when I was in the room. SG and temp good, NO3=0.0, all I had for NH3 test was an expired Hagen so wouldn't bet a 100% but measured zero.

Ideas?

These are tough fish to keep and I have shared the same experience.
Here is a recent article (Part 1) on Marine Angels.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/1/fish

Did you know that the Passer grows to 18 inches?