PDA

View Full Version : Minimum temperature

TANGOMAN
02-19-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm going to put my quarantine tank in "standby" mode for what could be a while. I cannot find any info. regarding temp. requirements to maintain bio-filter. That "life" should be ok at room temperature...? Possibly as low as 60-65 F.

I'm expecting some live rock late this week or perhaps next. I'm going to cure it in this tank as well. Will the curing process be effected by a lower temp. or should I keep it warm untill that process is complete ?

Skimmerking
02-19-2003, 02:36 PM
I would think keeping it warm shouldnt be a problem ,I would guess that if

it gets cold the live will probably die THat's IMO

hope this helps ...
But hard to say salt water is tricky...

:?

mike

eposer
02-19-2003, 03:28 PM
You'd be surprised what all those little critters can survive.

Two months ago I shut down a 10 gallon tank I had for breeding pods etc.
Last weekend I finally got the tome to remove the sand and LR. To mu amazement when I switched the light on I saw huge pods scattering everywhere! Upon looking closer I saw that I still had an ample population of worms in my sandbed as well. I also found a hermit I didn't even know was in there.

The most surprising part of all though was that during the entire two months there tank was sitting on a tile floor with no heat, no lights, no circulation, and no food. I checked the temperature and it was 67 F.

A sandbed can defenitly survive alot but I would keep the tank heated and fed if you can just to be sure.

Evan.

Skimmerking
02-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Well see I'm still learning more and more every day........

thanks for the input EVAN :wink: