PDA

View Full Version : Lumenmax or Lumenarc?

sharuq1
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
If you could choose between a lumenmax pendant or a lumenarc which would you go with and why?

Gools
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I have researched these 2 alot, and the majority is in favor of the Lumenarc's, better light dispersal, and also have an exhaust feature, for venting. I will be ordering them when it's time

Skimmerking
02-13-2008, 01:29 AM
ya im with GOOLS on that one love the vented slot for a fan to take the heat away.

Myka
02-13-2008, 03:02 AM
I have researched these 2 alot, and the majority is in favor of the Lumenarc's, better light dispersal, and also have an exhaust feature, for venting. I will be ordering them when it's time

Yep yep! Me too! If I don't find a killer deal on something lesser, I'll be buying one of these in a few months. :D

sharuq1
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
So would it be best to just get the reflectors with the holes in them (these are supposed to be for fans?) or the stealth pendant (no holes, but does have lines cut in it)?

Gools
02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
So this will be for your 120?
Are the reflectors inclosed in a canopy, or they pendent style over the tank? Will you be running, a chiller, or have fans to cool the water
Is this in a fish room, where you will have venting to outside?

sharuq1
02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
I have no canopy so they will need to hang over the tank. I have no chiller. I am still in the planning stages here. It is in my living room, as I have no fish room, and the place I live in is a rental so I cannot vent outside. Also I do not have the reflectors yet, I am still deciding which style and type to get.

Gools
02-14-2008, 12:35 AM
So then go with the stealth pendent. With an open top, you will have plenty of air movement, so you won't need to run venting lines, and the steaths are the only way to go for an open top, in your situation.

sharuq1
02-16-2008, 05:32 AM
TO change this topic slightly how do you feel about Lumenarc versus the new Lumenbright?

tank: 48x24x24
coral: mixed

Gools
02-16-2008, 02:05 PM
It has a little different light dispersal because it is round. With yours being an open top you probably better sticking with the stealth pendent, as the light is directed down more, and won't light up your whole room as much. Plus will give you the nicer finished look. Mind you I have no personal experiense with these reflectors, so just my opinion.

sharuq1
02-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your opinions, it really has helped me. I went looking for more info on RC as well and there was a long discussion there.

I also found a couple of lumenbright minis (reflector) for sale used for a good price. I am going to have them shipped here in the next couple weeks. They look like really nice reflectors. I was going to go with the stealths but I think even if these don't look as nice, they will still do what I want.

Looks is not as much of a concern for me as performance and being able to keep the lights some distance from the water will help me get rid of heat. The dome shape should also help direct the light to the tank and not all over. We can always build a canopy or something at some point if we decide they are uber ugly.

Chin_Lee
02-16-2008, 04:23 PM
have you considered these lumen brights? not that I use them personally but i've heard good things about them ; similar to the lumenarcs.
http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2

http://www.hellolights.com/ProductImages/pendants/lumenbright1.jpg

http://www.hellolights.com/ProductImages/pendants/lumenbrite.jpg

sharuq1
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Yup the one on the bottom is what I am getting but I am getting the mini one not full size. Figured then if I wanted to add a t5/pc bar for my own personal like of the dawn/dusk effect, then I could have room to do that. I like the black encased pendant there on the top. However I decided to go slightly more economical and just went with the reflectors.