PDA

View Full Version : Pink Anenome FS

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi there,

We are selling our pink anenome. We bought it 2 months ago for $100. It is really beautiful but I am embarassed to say, my clown fish are too dumb to know thats where they are supposed to host. LOL:redface: Anyone want to make me an offer? I am located in Coventry Hills. Calgary

Myka
02-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Pic doesn't work. Maybe you bought the wrong species of anemone for your clowns? The species of anemone has to match up with the species of clownfish.

Nicole8ca
02-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Here's the picture...

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 03:09 AM
thanks nic. hahahaha. Not so computer literate eh?

justinl
02-11-2008, 03:27 AM
The species of anemone has to match up with the species of clownfish.

i wont pretend to know what kind of nem that is, but what you said doesnt ring true. Ive seen clowns host anything from BTAs to mushrooms to powerheads. fwiw, clowns often take a long time to figure what they want to host (if at all) and when the do, it isn't always what you had in mind for them. two months isn't really a long time.

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks so much for the info....but since I do have a couple of other anenomes that they love to hang out in, I really dont really need to keep this one. But, I definatley agree with you! I have a couple of clowns that LOVE my frogspawn that I have. They spend more time in there then they ever do my anenomes. Lol. Dont you sometimes wonder what they are thinkin?

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 04:07 AM
:wink:

dsaundry
02-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Wish you were closer.:sad:

Myka
02-11-2008, 04:15 AM
i wont pretend to know what kind of nem that is, but what you said doesnt ring true. Ive seen clowns host anything from BTAs to mushrooms to powerheads.

Yep, many clowns will host just about anything, but when comes to actual anemones most species of clownfish will only host with a compatible species of anemone. For instance:

~ False Percula Clown (Amphiprion ocellaris)
Carpet anemone,
Ritteri (Maroon) anemone
Saddle anemone
Bubble anemone

~ Percula Clown (Amphiprion percula)
Carpet anemone,
Ritteri (Maroon) anemone
Saddle anemone
Bubble anemone

~ Sebae/Clarkii Clown (Amphiprion clarkii)
Sebae anemone
Long Tentacle anemone
Ritteri (Maroon) anemone
Carpet anemone
Saddle anemone
Bubble anemone

~ Tomato Clown (Amphiprion frenatus)
Bubble anemone
Long Tentacle anemone
Sebae anemone

~ Maroon Clown (Premnas biaculatus)
Ritteri (Maroon) anemone
Bubble anemone
Long Tentacle anemone

~ Pink Skunk Clown (Amphiprion perideraion)
Long Tentacle anemone
Sebae anemone
Ritteri (Maroon) anemone
Carpet anemone
Saddle anemone
Bubble anemone

Notice there are lots of overlaps. ;) There are also lots of anemones that are unlikely to host ANY clowns.

Sorry to take your thread off topic. I suck at IDing anemones, but maybe you should try to get an official ID on your anemone before writing him off completely...? Maybe he just needs more time...it could be worth it in the end.

Delphinus
02-11-2008, 06:57 AM
The associations listed are only true for the wild. In captivity, all bets are off. E.g., A. ocellaris may pair with E. quadricolor. Fish don't read the same books we do. ;)

The anemone looks like a H. crispa. It's a little bleached right now, but in time, given good care, should darken up and be a rather spectacular specimen. :) You don't often see the pink/purple crispa's too often.

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Yes, this picture is pretty old. It is much brighter and a bit bigger now. Also, I do have some videos of our old clown fish hosting in it. Unfortunately they passed away when we moved the tank form vancouver to Calgary a couple of months ago. :sad: (luckily most everything else made it :wink:) So, I do know that it will accept hosts. It seems that our new clown just aren't interested in this particular anenome. I have other pics I can send out if anyones interested. It really is a pretty anenome.

Todd
02-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi there,
I am embarassed to say, my clown fish are too dumb to know thats where they are supposed to host. Calgary

In the past, my clownfish have hosted furry mushrooms, a colony of zooanthids and my personal favorite, a powerhead.

adidas
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
can i see more recent pics?

michika
02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
How much are you looking for it?

fishyfolks
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Sold.....well sale pending anyways. I'll let you know if it doesnt go through.

michika
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Please do, thank you.