PDA

View Full Version : LF 175w MH pulse start bulbs (Calgary)

Brighteyes_13
02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
i swear if it werent for bad luck i'd have none at all!

im in desperate need of at least 1, but need 2 175w mh pulse start bulbs. 10,000k or 15,000k prefered.

in the calgary and surrounding areas only plz

thanks

Colleen

Snappy
02-10-2008, 05:43 AM
You can't find these at a store?

Brighteyes_13
02-10-2008, 07:11 AM
i called ocean city, wais, and golds, already asked at elite a few weeks ago... so yeah... cant find any in the city

Delphinus
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
At first I thought you meant the ballasts. I was going to type in this whole thing about how you save a few bucks by going to an electrical wholesaler and looking up part#'s off the Advance Transformer website and blah blah blah.

But lamps? Oh ... yeah, OK, that's different.

Hate to say it but the local supply for lamps is ... well .. In 10 years with halides over tanks now I have yet to buy any lamps locally. :neutral: Not really a slight against the local stores, but it's just that the bigger mail-order vendors are in a better position to stockhold larger supply and more models and do it cost-effectively.

Thing to do there is go to a page like J&L, or OA, or premiumaquatics, find the bulb you want to go with (look at a couple different options), these places will tell you what ballast you need to run the lamps best on the info pages.

Anyhow there's my $0.02. Guess I just broke my own rule about cross-chatter in the buy/sell forum. :redface: Please don't report me ;)

Brighteyes_13
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
i apreciate the input, i may have to start a JL order up and see if anyones interested in getting any dry goods to save on some shipping