PDA

View Full Version : Anemone question?

Telford
02-09-2008, 05:53 AM
My rose bubble moved and slipped down a hole in the rock he was perched on for a week and is now hanging underneath the rock with no light and the two clowns he was hosting don't seem to impressed.

Should i leave him and see if he moves back up or should i physically move him myself. I've only had him for about 10 days.

Chin_Lee
02-09-2008, 06:27 AM
if it moved down by itself, it can move back up if it wants. so don't worry about it.

Chad
02-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, it will probably wander around a bit until it finds a place it is happy with.. Just leave it be but keep an eye on it if you find him moving close to power heads etc, then you might need to insure your intakes are covered in some foam.

Normal anemone behavior for sure, especialy when just recently introduced to the tank.

a4twenty
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
i agree, BTA's will wander, especially when new to the tank. are you feeding him? what and how often?

Telford
02-09-2008, 03:52 PM
i agree, BTA's will wander, especially when new to the tank. are you feeding him? what and how often?

Nope, how and what?

a4twenty
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Nope, how and what?

that is probably why, i feed either krill, silversides or PE mysis twice a week most can be found at any LFS. use a pair of tongs ( i hand feed ) and just touch it to a tentacle, he should pull it in and put it in his mouth on his own. feed the tank first to keep shrimp and other scavengers from try to steal the food.

PS; start with a little piece ( 1/2" - 3/8" ) and as he grows you can give bigger pieces.