PDA

View Full Version : Stacking LR against the glass

spoot
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Is there any problem with stacking LR against the glass? Will it stress the glass or joints?

Redrover
02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
It's called a scratch and it's easy done:Fade-col:

chevyjaxon
02-08-2008, 10:35 AM
well the tanks joints can hold many gallons of water at 10 lbs per gallon so my guess is no

Kryten
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Only other issue aside from scratches is it makes it impossible to ever clean the glass around the rocks or get back there with a net or anything like that if you ever need to.

Brent F
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I stacked the rock in my Red Sea Max against the back glass and aganst a small portion of one of the sides that you can't see from outside. I don't like the look of an island of rock in the middle of a nano tanks and prefer a reef wall look. I'll just let the back get covered in coraline algae. I left enough space for a magcleaner on the front and sides.

The only downside I have seen with this is it is more difficult, but still possible, to suck up debris that gets trapped behind the rock. I am able to poke a 1/2 inch hose through holes in the rock and clean behind it.

ElGuappo
02-18-2008, 04:32 AM
I have a 34 gallon RED SEA MAX with a Fairly large Rock wall i have put a Koriala 1 under the LR so it blows absolutly everybit of debris out.

Next Water Change i will move 1 rock so you can see via a couple of photos.
Ionly have to move 1 rock because i have built my structure around the powerhead.

I would recomend triing this but make sure there is ample room around the PowerHead itself. Generally it has enough power to blow around rocks placed against the glass. If you view my tank you can see the powercord running up the right side of the tank. It is the smallest Koriala (egg Like) Powerhead i could get. when i feed i can see food getting blown out the hole i have created mid tank in a little alcove, and the far left of the tankout side the rock by the Jawfish cave.

Down side is that i havent seen my 2 porcelin crabs,2 camel shrimp, emerald crab, Since escept on rare occasions.

I even some how managed to leave enough room on the sides for my mag scraper to get in.

If you view my pic "top down 1" you can see the blue prop Hidden in the rocks on the right.

Sorry This is getting long any questions Message me.

Puff
03-12-2008, 06:16 AM
i have one small piece leaning up against the right side glass. just a small branch, but it makes the tank look a lot better and more random.