PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan Aquarium Tours

Oscar
02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I just placed an order for a new tank which should arrive in 2 weeks then I will be going through the initial process of setup, testing, live sand, live rock, CUC, corals, fish etc. I am going to take this process as slow as possible.

I had a chance to visit with mseepman last week to have a brief viewing of his tank (thanks again Mark). He suggested that I pop in to see a few other tanks in the valley. I am still very undecided as to what to put in my tank.

Although I live in Summerland my job takes me up to Vernon and sometimes Kamloops on occasion. So if there are any other reefers in the valley that I can visit leave a note here or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance

Interior_Reef
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
feel free to visit.

Gools
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Mine is still a work in progress, but your more then welcome to come and see my progress, and see my slapped together 70g

Okguy
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Mine is always a work in progress, but feel free and stop by...

mseepman
02-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I was over to see Nigel's (Gools) current tank and future tank and wow, what a project. For sure recommend that this tank be seen once it's installed!!

Oscar
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks all. I think I will be in Armstrong next Wednesday so I will PM those of you in the Vernon to see what your schedule might be.

pinner_28
02-06-2008, 12:27 AM
that would be great to get some kind of tou going
Terry

sick lid
02-06-2008, 04:54 AM
you are welcome to drop by if you make it to Kamloops

Myka
02-06-2008, 05:36 AM
I just have a little 33 set up right now, but I have plans....oh yes plans...so you can keep me in mind for the future if you're interested.

Telford
02-10-2008, 05:52 AM
I just set up my tank over the last 2 months...welcome to come see what i have. I'm a newbie to the hobby so i'd love to anyone and everyone about ideas.... i'm downtown kelowna, near prospera place, just let me know if you're in the area

Oscar
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Greetings Telford. I work in Westbank so going across the bridge is not a big deal.

So you have any photos of your tank to post?

Telford
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Greetings Telford. I work in Westbank so going across the bridge is not a big deal.

So you have any photos of your tank to post?

Not many good photos...here's one that was taken when i just had rock in it, will give you an idea of the overall tank...2377

Oscar
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Very cool. Where did you get your rock and fish?

Telford
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally i got my rock from 'Reefkeepers' the store in Rutland, they seemed the most helpful and have the most stock out of any other store in Kelowna. I also got a couple fish from them. Since then i've done a couple trips to the coast and got fish, corals from J&L.

Oscar
02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
I will be in Armstrong on Wednesday of this week. I expect to be heading back south to Summerland sometime in the afternoon. If anyone expects to be around in the afternoon and can give me a tour of their setup please send me a pm.

Thanks in advance

Telford
02-12-2008, 01:33 AM
There's a good chance i'll be around mid-afternoon...if you're interested let me know

Telford
02-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Here are some more recent pics of my tank...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/TelfordHenry/IMG_0129.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/TelfordHenry/IMG_0131.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/TelfordHenry/IMG_0134.jpg

Oscar
02-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Very cool Telford, thanks for the photos. Looking forward to seeing that in person soon. What did you get dinged at the obrder for brokerage fees?

Gools: Thanks for the chance to view your current setup. Looking forward to seeing your new system as it gets going.

The first photos of the Cad 39G have been posted at: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145683&st=80 (page 4)

It seems pretty tiny compared to some of the tanks I have seen recently.

Telford
02-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Honestly can't remember what the brokerage fees were...the whole thing was completely ridiculously expensive. Unfortunately i had my mind set on a cylinder tank and nothing was gonna change it, unless it was ridiculously expensive....and then in the end that still didn't change my mind. But it turned out to look as i had hoped so I'd do it again!

scub steve
02-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Telford i need your help i just bought a 90 gal cylinder and i cant figure out what to do with the sump i cant fit my skimmer in there.. what did you do?? can you send or post some pics of your sump 4 me??

Telford
02-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Scub Steve, finally i've found someone that has a cylinder tank! What kind is it? Where did you get it? I'm having the same problem fitting the skimmer in the filter box/sump. The manufacturer assures me that it's possible but it seems near impossible to me.

Telford i need your help i just bought a 90 gal cylinder and i cant figure out what to do with the sump i cant fit my skimmer in there.. what did you do?? can you send or post some pics of your sump 4 me??

tysonjames
02-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Greetings, My name is Tyson just started out in the glorious hobby of reefkeeping. Ive started out with an 8gal biocube. I love it sadly its only been going for about 7 weeks and I am rapidly running out of room. Well go big or go home, I am slowly configuring my next tank. This thread is beauty I live in kelowna, downtown on bernard. If anyone would like to see a nano tank at its best feel free to contact me and take a look. On the flip side of that I would love to see other peoples set ups, Ive been to the local stores drooling on many occasions but that doesnty help a diy'er like me. I recently went out to vernon and saw okguy's tank, wow his toadstool is a monster very cool. If theres anyone that lives near by that has got some spare time this weekend and would like to bs fish for awhile let me know. Its awesome not only to see other tanks but to hear what has worked and what hasnt. I would also love to get some frag trading going on. Thanks in advance guys. Reef on!

mseepman
02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Welcome to Canreef Tyson...always glad to see another Okanagan reefer. I had Kevin (OKguy) over last night trading some coral. I'm also starting my own nano here next month after I pick up the tank in Calgary. We'll have to hook up to talk tanks soon, unfortunately, this is a bad weekend for me.

If you're in Vernon in the near future, PM me and you can come take a peek at my tank.

tysonjames
03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Appreciate the hospitality, slowly but surely i am meeting more and more people. Reefers just keep popping up its awesome.

regmes
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi, Im in Westbank feel free to drop in. Im always happy to show off my tank and also open to anything that will benifit to the health and looks of it. Actualy right now Im planning on changing my lighting a little and Im curious at what other reefers are having success with.90 gal corner tank 30 gal ref with built in 20 gal sump 2x250 MH, 2x atinics lots of live stock hard and soft corals Most of it all DIY .1.5 years now and looking good.

regmes
07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi, Im in Westbank feel free to drop in. Im always happy to show off my tank and also open to anything that will benifit to the health and looks of it. Actualy right now Im planning on changing my lighting a little and Im curious at what other reefers are having success with.90 gal corner tank 30 gal ref with built in 20 gal sump 2x250 MH, 2x atinics lots of live stock hard and soft corals Most of it all DIY .1.5 years now and looking good.I would also be very interested in seing other reefers tanks in the interior ,I have pulsating xenias that have grown impressively that I would be interested in trading.

phillybean
07-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm also up for tours, although my tank isn't much quite yet...