PDA

View Full Version : electrical system ????????

Fishguy52
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok so I am not sure if this is where I should ask this but I just bought a house, so the tanks are moving out of mom and dads basement. Here is the question the house I bought is older like 40 years old so the electrical is old at. I want to put the tank in the basement but I am worried about the power situation, does anyone have a system running of a so so electrical system. I don’t want to start a fire or electrocute my self.

untamed
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Consider running dedicated circuits to the tank, right from the main breaker box. That way, you'll have only new wire/breakers running to the tank and you won't be sharing with circuits of unknown reliability.

Don't forget your GFIs...

KrazyKuch
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Consider running dedicated circuits to the tank, right from the main breaker box. That way, you'll have only new wire/breakers running to the tank and you won't be sharing with circuits of unknown reliability.

Don't forget your GFIs...

I agree

chevyjaxon
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Crazy but my place is like a million years old infact i have a gravity style furnace that takes up most of the basement as far as the electrical i wouldnt worry about it. i dont worry about mine at all and it works fine