PDA

View Full Version : Question about offset tank side

Coldwater
02-03-2008, 03:26 AM
A while ago I bought a 112 gallon from some dude in the buy, sell and trade. Not until recently had I noticed that one of the sides (not the front or back) panes of glass has about one millimeter of glass sticking out. To me it looks like someone took the tank apart and then tried to silicon it back together but failed. My question is will it be safe to turn into an aquarium (I have a Beardie in it right now) or will I have to take it in to be taken apart and re-siliconed. The tank has an aluminum center brace if that matters at all. I can throw some pictures up here if that helps.

Matt

Myka
02-03-2008, 04:01 AM
I think pics would be a good idea in this case. Although if it's been taken apart I would never trust it to be any good.

Coldwater
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/FinalAbsolution/tankside003.jpg

Here it is. The problem is the black coloured glass sticking out on the right side. If I were to get it re-siliconed does anyone have any ideas where I could get this done and how much it would cost?

Matt

fencer
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
If it don't leak....don't fool around with it.

mr_alberta
02-03-2008, 05:27 PM
The seam from your picture looks good. No bubbles or anything in the silicone. I think you should be alright. 1mm isn't too much to be worried about.

Coldwater
02-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Wicked thanks for answering my question

Matt