PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Frags Group Order? (Okanagan)

Myka
02-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Anyone want to do a group order from www.wickedfrags.com ? I can receive the package, but I don't have room to hold the corals unless they are very small frags. You'd need to pick them up asap after arrival.

Myka
02-04-2008, 02:51 AM
We may be able to get onto the Vancouver Wicked Frags group order, and then just have them sent on to us. It will be free shipping to Vancouver, so then we'd only need to pay shipping from Vancouver to us, so it would be very reasonable! Come on guys!!! Anyone interested??

mseepman
02-04-2008, 03:20 AM
I would love to, but my wife just had a baby last week and I'm a spending freeze for a few weeks.

mwafler
02-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I would but I'm planning to upgrade my tank in a few weeks, so right now wouldn't be the best time...

mseepman
02-05-2008, 08:50 PM
So what are you upgrading to? Are you getting it locally or are you getting it custom made?

I would but I'm planning to upgrade my tank in a few weeks, so right now wouldn't be the best time...

mwafler
02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm setting up a 30g, but all I need to do is work out lighting. I'm trying to stay on a budget so I don't want to spend $400 on a mH setup (I have a DIY one that works nice but insurance doesn't cover a DIY fire so I'm not sure I want it running 24/7....) So once the lighting is solved the tank gets set up....Any suggestions?

Okguy
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
What are you planning to have it your tank? This is key in determining what type of lights you need. Also lights aren't on 24/7. 8-12 hours a day (depending on the lights) is fine.

Myka I'm still making room in my tank, but I'll be interested next time.

mseepman
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
If you are looking to not spend too much money, I would look at Odyssea fixtures. http://cgi.ebay.ca/VHO-24-380W-Metal-Halide-Reef-light-Aquarium-Lighting_W0QQitemZ110222297407QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4 6314QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There were lots of rumours of fires started by their magnetic ballasts a while back but from what I've read, thats what they were...rumours. Every story began with "a buddy of mine knew this guy" Also they have moved into electronic ballasts now. I admit they are low cost units, but there is a huge RC thread of users on them and overwhelmingly, the users are happy. You can find the thread right away under the RC lighting section...but I warn you, it's almost 200 pages long and it took me days to read the whole thing.
Their ballasts are not super efficient so you don't get quite as bright a light at first, but you can replace the ballast anytime you find you have the cash in the future and the lights improve a ton.

What I can say is that you will regret it if you go with too little light, so don't be afraid of a 250W MH.

That's just my 2 cents though and i'm sure others will pipe up with their opinion...lol.

I'm setting up a 30g, but all I need to do is work out lighting. I'm trying to stay on a budget so I don't want to spend $400 on a mH setup (I have a DIY one that works nice but insurance doesn't cover a DIY fire so I'm not sure I want it running 24/7....) So once the lighting is solved the tank gets set up....Any suggestions?

mseepman
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
By the way Myka, sorry to take your thread off track.