PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lighting and Tanks (Okanagan)

Myka
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Looking for 36" 39w T5s. Or 36" MH, fixture or pendants, 250w or 400w. Let me know what you have. Include the brand names of the fixtures and the ballasts.

Also looking for 20" Power Compact, and 24" T5 or Power Compact.

Looking for 20g tank (please include dimensions), and a 40g breeder (36x18x16") tank.

I'll pay for shipping on the lighting. Tanks must be located in the Okanagan area, and I will pick-up. Reply here or PM. Cheers! :)

Myka
02-03-2008, 04:01 AM
:)

mseepman
02-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Myka,

AJ's is selling a T5HO fixture that you can daisy chain together. Comes in 24, 36, or 48" lengths and includes ballast. They are CHEAP. They don't include reflectors but they do include a cheap 6700k bulb. I modded one onto my coralife fixture with a Hagen GLO reflector. Added a Giesman bulb and it works to add some par. They are called SunBlasters and look just like the ones called SUN BLAZE shown here...http://www.prairiereefsupplies.ca/index.php?id=95

RonPeter
02-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Myka,

AJ's is selling a T5HO fixture that you can daisy chain together. Comes in 24, 36, or 48" lengths and includes ballast. They are CHEAP. They don't include reflectors but they do include a cheap 6700k bulb. I modded one onto my coralife fixture with a Hagen GLO reflector. Added a Giesman bulb and it works to add some par. They are called SunBlasters and look just like the ones called SUN BLAZE shown here...http://www.prairiereefsupplies.ca/index.php?id=95

Something like that might be good for my refugium...I'll have to pay them a visit!

Myka
02-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Myka,

Hmmm...this might work. I do have a couple of Tek reflectors kicking around. What do you mean "daisy chain together"?

cav~firez22
02-04-2008, 06:08 AM
For anyone wanting to try sunblaster T5s, i have them, and they are GREAT. Even better, is, if you go to Better than nature (hydroponics store) you can get a 48" for 25.99 where as AJS is 49.99. unless he lowered them..

mseepman
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
By daisy chain them together, I mean they come with an link cable that allows you to plug the next fixture into the end of the previous one without having to connect to power as well.

If Chris has found a better location for them, that's great...not sure I know where the store he mentioned is though.

Hmmm...this might work. I do have a couple of Tek reflectors kicking around. What do you mean "daisy chain together"?

mr_alberta
02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I should have a 36" 4-bulb Tek Light in black for sale in about a month or so. Bulbs are Giesmann (2 actinic +, 1 Actinic blue, 1 midday iirc). Unit and bulbs are about a year old now and I'm still getting nice colors and growth out of my LPS/Softies.

mseepman
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Chris,

Where is that store? Do you know if they have the proper reflector for the Sunblaster lights? I found the Sun Blaze reflectors but they don't come in 36" sizes which is what I need and cutting them doesn't look very appealing considering the butcher job I did to the GLO reflector...lol.

For anyone wanting to try sunblaster T5s, i have them, and they are GREAT. Even better, is, if you go to Better than nature (hydroponics store) you can get a 48" for 25.99 where as AJS is 49.99. unless he lowered them..

Palster
02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Chris,

Where is that store? Do you know if they have the proper reflector for the Sunblaster lights? I found the Sun Blaze reflectors but they don't come in 36" sizes which is what I need and cutting them doesn't look very appealing considering the butcher job I did to the GLO reflector...lol.

Better than nature is in the Blue Heights Center (Blue Heights is a strip mall with light blue trim on the buildings). It is on Highway 97 near the intersection of McCurdy and Highway 97 (Near the Brick and the Grand 10 Movie Theater). Not sure if they have the proper reflectors for these lights but they do carry T5's in 24 inch and 36 inch sizes.

mseepman
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Excellent thanks for the info.

Starry
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
http://www.betterthannature.com/

:mrgreen:

Myka
02-06-2008, 05:28 AM
I should have a 36" 4-bulb Tek Light in black for sale in about a month or so. Bulbs are Giesmann (2 actinic +, 1 Actinic blue, 1 midday iirc). Unit and bulbs are about a year old now and I'm still getting nice colors and growth out of my LPS/Softies.

Send me a PM when you're ready to sell! :)

Those Sun Blasters must be NO T5s, not HO T5s....???

Okguy
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Myka sorry to hijack the thread but it is also a free BUMP.

Myka,

Mark you managed to upgrade the lighting. I would be curious to see how you pulled it off... I'm sure several here would be... You should post a thread on how you did it. :shocked!:

mseepman
02-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Myka, the Sunblasters are actually HOT5's. I've replaced the stock 6700k bulb with first a 10,000k 39w and then an Aqua Blue+. I have a Fiji Purple on the way for it since I'm still disapointed in the color of my light with a 10k MH and the lousy PC Actinics from Coralife.

Send me a PM when you're ready to sell! :)

Those Sun Blasters must be NO T5s, not HO T5s....???

Myka
02-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Anyone have a light meter? I have a hard time believing these SunBlasters aren't a waste of money...

mseepman
02-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Haha...well I don't know what to tell you. They don't come with a reflector as they are aimed at the hydroponic industry but reflectors are available as I showed you with the link to Prairie Reef.

I don't like how I've had to set them up, but they sure have brightened up my tank and that's just one 39W.

Myka
02-07-2008, 03:51 AM
No reflectors? LOL! Hmm...I wonder if there's enough room to clip on the Tek reflectors...? Anyone tried? I tried putting the Tek reflectors on a GLO unit, and they didn't fit.

mr_alberta
02-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Those Sunblaze strip lights look like the old Helio T5 fixtures...

mseepman
02-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Myka,

The lights look just like the ones that they call Sun Blaze...http://www.prairiereefsupplies.ca/index.php?id=95

If they fit in that reflector, they would be a steal. I run them with a butchered GLO reflector (1/2 of one actually) and plan to order a reflector from Prairie Reef when Gools makes his next order from there (fairly regularly as I understand it). I guess the best thing I can say is that I would buy them again.

Myka
02-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Hmm...I can't tell from the photo if the Tek reflectors would fit in or not....they need quite abit of space.