PDA

View Full Version : Clown and Anemone

Telford
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm aware that some clowns may never 'take' to an anemone but how long does it generally take for newly added clowns to take to an anemone?

dsaundry
02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Mine took to it right away in my one tank..my other set in another tank never bothered with it.. What type of clowns and anenome are we talking about? My G.S. Maroon loves his anenome, we even saw him feed it yesterday. Very cute. My False Perc's only liked the "Clownfish Anenome". When it died , I tried a different anenome and they havent bothered with it at all. Been 2 months now. I have been told that different clowns will go to a certain anenome. Some like bubbletips and so on and so on..I may try a Clown Anenome again and see if they go back to it.. So far from what I have seen with my fish is that if they are going to go into an anenome it will be pretty much right away. Maybe other reefers have had different experiences..:biggrin:

Telford
02-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Pair of black and white clowns and a rose bubble tip anemone... When you say right away do you mean within minutes, hours, days???

dsaundry
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Minutes...Not too long at all, Not trying to discourage you, I am not an expert by any means. My Wife wanted the false percs and she also wanted an anenome for them..fixated on "Finding Nemo" I think>haha.But we were at King Ed Pets in Burnaby?New West area and Robert told us that some clowns will only go to certain anenome's. He might be a good one to talk too. 604-525-4955, unless a reefer can offer you some other advise. Don't give up, I am sure you will find one. :biggrin:

Telford
02-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I put them in last night and they have basically stayed in the same place since. Just bobbin around like they do near the bottom of the tank. The anemone is only a foot above them but they still seem a little freaked about their new surroundings.

Ahhhh...patience has never been my strong point.

dsaundry
02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Patience is a four letter word in this obsession/hobby sometimes...
but a requirement...:biggrin:

fishoholic
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Had a tomato clown take to a GBTA within hours, a saddle back clown take to a GBTA within a week, and our friends perc.'s took to his GBTA after a few months.

Telford
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Had a tomato clown take to a GBTA within hours, a saddle back clown take to a GBTA within a week, and our friends perc.'s took to his GBTA after a few months.

Thanks fishoholic

Nicole8ca
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I have two perc clowns and two anemones. The clows want nothing to do with them. They been in there a few weeks, so i understand your frustration.

Telford
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Yay, they took to it