PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Concerns

Seriak
02-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Alright, I just bought a Ebo Jager 250 Watt heater and I set it at 27.

Now here is one question.

1) Is this supposed to mean my tank should stay at 27 C or 80.6 F

Now onto the another matter. I have four different temperature reading devices. They each read the following.

1) Crappy hagen sticker reader - 78ish F

2) Standard thermometer 1 year old - 79ish F

3) Standard thermometer 3 months old - 79ish F

4) Digital (Big Display) Monitor with Probe - 77.2 F

They are all placed right next to each other. Why would they all display different results.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION. Which one do I go by? I don't like not knowing my actual temperature. I am sure I could just keep it at a safe level and who really cares what the temperature is as long as it doesn't fluctuate. But this is driving me crazy, I tell ya!

Help.

StirCrazy
02-15-2003, 10:15 PM
I would go by 2, and 3. two out of 4 say it is 79.. use the digital one just remember your temp is actualy 2 degrees higher than that one.

Steve

BCOrchidGuy
02-15-2003, 10:53 PM
I would go to Revy and buy a digital thermometer and compare it to the stick ons. The Ebo may be out a degree so the 3 of them could be pretty much right. Frankly I wouldn't worry about 2 degrees, as long as it is stable.

zulu_principle
02-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Agree with BCOrchidGuy:

I wouldnt buy anything else, but I might try another Ebo.

StirCrazy
02-16-2003, 04:02 AM
If you guys look he has a digital thermomitor.. #4, and he has two standerd thermomitors saying 79.. you know, a mercury thermomitor is just as reliable as a digital (Digitals are just more convienient) .. inface if you look at 10 digitals they will most likly read different. I have to go through 8 till I found 3 that read the same.. I picked one of them.. basicly if you have 2 out of 3 thermomitors saying the same temp.. chances are they are right.. no need to go spending more money. Like I said.. put a sticker on your digital one sayign "add 2 degrees"

Steve

Seriak
02-16-2003, 04:43 AM
Okay, But if you just bought the digital one new and the MO supplier said to ship it back and he will test it and replace it if it is out. Would you pay the shipping or would you just live with it?

StirCrazy
02-16-2003, 06:27 AM
I would probably ship it..

Steve