PDA

View Full Version : Buisness or Not???

UnderWorldAquatics
02-10-2002, 06:54 PM
At the moment I am expanding my buisness considerably, and will be changing alot of tanks around so that my setup is more suited to my buisness ventures. Because of this I will be selling alot of Used and some New aquariums and equipment that I alrady have or have made. These will be private sale items not related to my buisness as I aquired them as a hobbiest. I thought It would be nice to offer these items to the local hobbiests at a discounted price. As a hobbiest I ran an above average number of tanks, usually around 7-11 tanks at all times. As I dont have the room anymore for these personal tanks to be setup I am selling off most items that wont apply to my new buisness venture. My buisness consists of basically 3 parts now, #1,Tank Raised Fish,#2,High End Custom Tank Setups, #3,Maintainence on Tanks I Installed.
I dont consider the tanks and pieces of equipment Im selling as part of my buisness because I dont sell hobbiest setups, The average tank setup I install in a private home or office starts at about $25,000.00 and I dont usually sell pieces of equipment. I only install about 3 tanks a year and thats how I like it cuz Im too busy to do much more. With most of my time Im a consultant for Canaidan Lake Plankton, we harvest Mysis Relicta. (Yes the good stuff) Im too busy with overseas deals to put together hobbiest setups and there is no money in it to begin with. (yes part of why im in the buisness is to make money!)

My question to other members on the board is: Would you like to see some of my private sale items on the For Sale Board???

P.S.As I have tank raised fish that have reached saleable size I will arrange to make some commercial posts and make them available to board members.

Troy F
02-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Well I can't speak for everyone but I'm interested in just about everything you are doing. I'd love to see an actual species list of fish you'll be offering (scientific names would be appreciated).

I don't see anything wrong with posting used items for sale in the proper forum. It's, afterall, one of the points in having a bulletin board. The concern would be taking advantage of free advertisement for your business ventures. I'm sure Titus would be more than happy to advertise for you on the board with a banner and link if you are interested.

UnderWorldAquatics
02-10-2002, 07:06 PM
A banner and a link would be great!!! Just need to find someone to build a small web site for me... If anyone would be able to in the future let me know??? Mabey a trade would be in order???

StirCrazy
02-10-2002, 07:58 PM
deepblueaquatics, the skimmers which seam to be the part that has caused some concern were not used from your old tanks, they were new, that you had built from the rest of your supplies you had bought to make stuff for your busniess.

yes I am intrested in seeing stuff for sale but sence you are a fish related business anything you have to put for sale I would think would be best posted in the "Vendor Announcements" area.

Steve

titus
02-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Hello,

Yes the vendor forum would be more suitable. Afterall, I do have left over parts and material but I still do not offer them in the Buy/Sell forum.

Troy F
02-10-2002, 11:26 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by deepblueaquatics:
A banner and a link would be great!!!<hr></blockquote>

I kind of spoke out of turn there, I meant for a price of course. I hope I didn't make your heart stop when I offered free advertisement on your board Titus images/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

[ 10 February 2002: Message edited by: Troy F ]</p>

UnderWorldAquatics
02-11-2002, 01:28 AM
Dont worry Troy I knew you meant "pay" for a banner and link. I would definitly be interested in supporting this board in the future!

Bryan
02-11-2002, 04:09 AM
Yes, post your equipment for sale on the board.

titus
02-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Hello Troy,

Obviously not. Spread your banner words. I'm a bit busy here until April as I just found out the new deadlines for finishing up my thesis. However, all of the plans for the expansion of this site have started already and hopefully I'm able to rig up something nice before summer hits.