PDA

View Full Version : aquagiant vs. better name

sharuq1
01-28-2008, 08:42 PM
My fiance seems to think it would be good to buy one of the cheap aquagiant mh light setups that have a fan and t5's. I however, disagree.... Problem is I cannot seem to come up with enough reasons why I would rather go with something other than aquagiant. Personally, I think alot of their products are...well...cheap.

If you have opinions for or against post them up, also if you have a favorite combo or just plain mh fixture that doesn't break the bank tell me about it.

thanks all!

marlincoral
01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
we got a sunsun light that was used from aquagiant.we couldnt get parts for it because they discontinued it.we posted we wanted a mh on canreef and got a coralife pro 48" new in box from calgary.try posting on hardware section.unless you want a sunsun 48" lol

Joe Reefer
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
As with most things: you get what you pay for. Ask your fiance if she would like a lab created diamond or the real deal?

saltaddict
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Check out the Outer Orbit HQI/T5 fixtures at www.oceanaquatics.com
They are around the same price as the Aquagiant ones but better quality (and LED lunar lights). Free shipping also if the fixture is not over 36". My buddy bought his TEK t5 fixture from them and the service was great/fast shipping. A better option to consider IMO.

Drock169
01-29-2008, 04:01 AM
just to be silly, the diamond thing is a bad analogy, cause its the same product except one was created in the earth and one was created by man, but it still functions the same and has the same properties :P

Joe Reefer
01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
The anology was more towards quality not how they are made.

Having only seen one aquagiant fixture in use, it is not fair for me to judge. Aquagiant's track record is not that great from what I have read.

howdy20012002
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
I would not buy a aquagiant.
the ones I had would flicker off and on and just out right turn off at times.
Just my own personal opinion...
go with what you can afford...if you can afford more..you are probably going to be better off in the long run.
Just my opinion.
Neal

Chin_Lee
01-29-2008, 03:43 PM
The anology was more towards quality not how they are made.

on the same diamond analogy, the man made ones are so perfect that they intentionally had to put flaws into to replicate the defects found in the earth. Great reason to buy man made ones - "its almost perfect honey"

Back to the topic of aquagiant, you can get a good general idea on this brand with a quick search on Reefcentral. You'll just have to use the search function in the very early morning or late night.

Drock169
01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Odyssea/Coralife is another cheap brand, around 300-400 for a 1-2MH setup with PC and fans

sharuq1
01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
What is a reasonably priced good brand/type of fixture canreefers?

Northreef
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
You also may want to check if the fixture you want to purchase is UL or ULC approved, if they do cause a fire your insurance may not cover the damage if the unit does not have the ULC sticker...