PDA

View Full Version : any one seen this one before.

Skimmerking
01-28-2008, 01:46 AM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/steam_heel/Fromia_milleporella.jpg
what type of Red fomia star fish is this. i'm getting one ,but cant seem to find it to read up

Pan
01-28-2008, 02:09 AM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/steam_heel/Fromia_milleporella.jpg
what type of Red fomia star fish is this. i'm getting one ,but cant seem to find it to read up

amily: Ophidiasteridae
Range: Indonesia
Size: Up to 5 inches
Diet: Omnivore
Tank Set-up: Marine: Coral or rock, coarse sand
Reef Compatible: Yes
Tank Conditions: 72-78ºF; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4

The Red Starfish, or Red Sea Star, of the genus Fromia may be various shades of red. It has multiple black pores (dots) on its surface. The tips of the arms are the same or a lighter color than the rest of the arm, differentiating it from Fromia indica.

It generally lives alone, but if the aquarium is large enough to support more than one, it will tolerate others of its own species. It requires a mature tank with algae and is generally fairly self-sufficient in the aquarium, finding enough micro-organisms and detritus to scavenge if live rock is present. It is diurnal. It is intolerant of copper-based medications and high levels of nitrate, and is very sensitive to changes in specific gravity, temperature, salinity and pH of the water, and oxygen levels. Avoid exposing a Red Starfish to air or sudden salinity changes, as this is detrimental to its health, often resulting in bacterial infections and necrosis of an arm, or possible death.

The Red Starfish is extremely difficult to breed in an aquarium, with no distinguishing characteristics to help differentiate it from its mate.

If there is insufficient algae growth in the aquarium, the diet should be supplemented with flaked foods, and small pieces of fish or mussel.

Skimmerking
01-28-2008, 02:51 AM
ya found it after i posted it i spelled it the wroong way im such a dumb @ss

Pan
01-28-2008, 06:10 AM
I think sufficient penalty would be to give me your bm 250 :) No worries I kinda figured that :)

Joe Reefer
01-28-2008, 02:17 PM

hey dont be so hard on yourself, your just an @ss. :razz:

digital-audiophile
01-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I have one in my tank. Just a little guy only about 1.5" in diameter, I've had him ~3 months.