PDA

View Full Version : How About It??

dsaundry
01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Just wondering; after meeting with a few reefers and picking up frags and corals etc. Would it be possible and would anybody be interested in a frag or reef swap+sale. This would also give us a chance to meet our fellow reefers in person and say hi. Maybe this spring or summer?? Don't know if this has been done before as I am still new to the club. If anybody has any idea's on if this is doable???

Myka
01-27-2008, 01:41 AM
I would come from Kelowna if it was on a Saturday or a Sunday. :)

VFX
01-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Spring or Summer?

Just in time for when I'll hopefully have my system up & running! :mrgreen:

I'll def be up for it.

phillybean
01-27-2008, 03:34 AM
My tank will be running in the late spring/summer. We could car pool Myka!

dsaundry
01-27-2008, 04:36 AM
How about it Canreef staff? Is this a do-able thing. If there is enough interest maybe we could get a location for a late spring early summer meet. Maybe someone can donate a hall or something along those lines and it could be like a weekend swapmeet??? Anybody else with suggestions. Seems like a great way to meet each other and enhance all our systems..:mrgreen:

Jason McK
01-27-2008, 05:21 AM
http://reefnetwork.blogspot.com/

skylord
01-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Read Jasons post...we have been doing this for about 1.5 yrs now as a group in the LML. Meetings for Dinners once a month and frag/swap meets about every 6 months or so.

Scott

dsaundry
01-27-2008, 06:27 AM
I saw the one dinner thread a little while ago, but was unable to attend. As for a meet and swap, I also thought we could ask some of the wonderful suppliers to get involved as well. maybe with some door prizes or a raffle and while we are at the frag/swapmeet maybe do a couple of nice things as well. As for the dinners, maybe they can be rotating restaurants around the lower mainland area and fraser valley, anybody with suggestions for that.Maybe incorporate with the raffle a fundraiser for the food bank or something along those lines..I dunno..maybe to much for one plate?? I am just throwing suggestions out there...:biggrin:

untamed
01-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Jason...this sounds like someone volunteering to get more involved in organizing our events!

B

untamed
01-27-2008, 04:00 PM
...suggest this thread be moved to the BC/Lower mainland forum....

dsaundry
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Ok, so here is what I am going to suggest, I will revisit this in the near future, say April/May and see if we can put together a Fraggin/Swappin meet somewhere. As for helping out with different Canreef things..so long as it doesn't conflict with my shop/job..I am game. So far from all the people I have met on the site, I have learned a lot more than I expected and seen some beautiful tank setup's. Hopefully my tank will look like that in a few months/years...I will try to post some pics soon. Still trying to figure out my stupid camera..takes great close ups sometimes and crap close ups others.. I think it's a loose nut behind the camera..figure it out soon though. If anybody has any idea's or suggestions about who to contact, where to hold it, when to hold it..let em fly..no such thing as a dumb suggestion..ok there might be but who cares.....:biggrin:

Keri
02-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I will go!
I won't have anything to trade probably but I do have MONEY....is that still good in these parts? :lol: *grin*

dsaundry
02-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Hmmm,Money..I think there are still a few members that accept money..:biggrin:

Keri
02-11-2008, 01:26 AM
*grin* i will have stuff to trade eventually, just not atm :)

dsaundry
02-11-2008, 01:41 AM
A.T.M.. All The Money machines...Thats what I always seem to say when they want to know how much to take out..:biggrin:

Puff
02-11-2008, 04:18 AM
im down. it's getting to the point where ill need to frag. by spring or summer ill have some REALLY nice things (IMO) to frag.

mildcustom2
02-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I should have hundreds of frags available by then. I have so many frags now that I'm building a 3ft x 3ft x 7" frag tank to hold anywhere from 300-400 frags :biggrin: (I hope). I'll save them up just for this event if its a go.

Toxik
02-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi all. I'm new here and came across this post. I'd be interested in coming to this. I don't think I would have anything to frag by then, but If money is accepted, then count me in.

dsaundry
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Canreef.:biggrin: