PDA

View Full Version : FW: Vallisneria spiralis (tall grass plant), Ameca splendens **FREE**

Delphinus
01-26-2008, 04:06 AM
I've got far too much of this plant and far too many of this fish. I've kind of let things be in my FW tank and these two in particular have totally taken over.

Vallisneria spiralis (corkscrew variety)

(Sorry for the lousy picture.)

Here's some info on this plant:
http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/e_spiralis.php

Ameca splendens
Sorry, no pics of the fish. They're too fast and I'm too impatient... Here's some info though on them:
http://www.thekrib.com/Fish/ameca-splendens.html
http://www.aquaworldnet.com/awmag/gooden.htm
They're supposed to be a good algae eater. I have basically zero hair algae in my tank so it might be true, I can't really say.

SeaSerpant
01-26-2008, 04:55 PM
would you be willing to ship because my dad wouldn't want to go all the way to calgary?

Delphinus
01-28-2008, 12:44 AM
The plants or the fish? The plants I could maybe send by Canada Post overnight for cheap and they'd be fine .... as long as it wasn't done during a cold snap (ie. not this week, sorry! But when it warms up a little, sure, no problem).

The fish, ehhh, to be honest it's probably not worth it to either of us. Sorry.

SeaSerpant
01-29-2008, 01:43 AM
The plants. i want to get as many plants as possible so i can have a planted aquarium not one with fake. How much do you have because i would take all of it. Any idea of how much it would cost? (don't really care because it would cost more in the store.) Maybe next week it's supposed to be kinda warm. (-10 - -15). It might have to be in 2 weeks because i have winter camp next week. unless it would be on Monday or tuesday. let me know.

Delphinus
01-29-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm OK to wait two weeks. I'm pretty sure they'd be OK as long as I sent it overnight - I'll stuff an Expresspost pack (bubble wrap envelope) with as much as I can. It should be OK because it will spend overnight indoors anyhow in the Canada Post system. The riskiest part would be when they deliver. If it gets left outside for more than a few minutes I would think that would be the end of it. So it would have to be a day where someone can be home when the mail comes so it can come inside right away. I would think I could get you at least a dozen plants... The Expresspost packs cost about $10 (that includes the overnight postage). So if that suits you, let me know and we can work out the final details via PM. :) Thanks!

SeaSerpant
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
wierd i already posted something but oh well. Next week teusday would be good because it's only supposed to be -4. keep me posted :)

Skimmerking
02-01-2008, 01:55 AM
how dare you put that FW stuffy in here shame on you TONY:mrgreen:

SeaSerpant
02-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Lol maybe he has a fw side to him that you didn't know about :lol: :biggrin: :mrgreen:

SeaSerpant
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
bump

Delphinus
02-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Sorry, didn't realize you were still waiting on info from me. I'll send you a PM.

SeaSerpant
02-03-2008, 02:10 AM
lol thanks.