PDA

View Full Version : Sea Hare Squirts

dsaundry
01-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Here is my problem. I loaned my Sea Hare to my son as he was having a bit of a hair algae issue in his 33g tank. He phoned me and said that even though he put foam around his filter intakes the Sea Hare managed to get sucked on one of the intakes. So here are my questions. First, apparently the Hare squirted and there is a purple fluid in his tank. Does this mean the Hare has had it? Second, If the Hare has squirted will this kill everything else in his tank? I have advised him to get all his fish out of the tank and into my quarantine tank along with his corals, and once that is done he would have to do some serious water changes. Any other advise? Yes I know, Dont lend out your Sea Hare is obvious.:redface:

CLINT
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
ive had 1 die in my systems and there was no problem IME.It was taken out right away though.hope its all ok.Clint

tang daddy
01-26-2008, 12:22 AM
seahare's have died in systems before with no problem although it's a large amount of water in a smaller system things can go wrong fast so 50% wc after livestock is out, run a canister filter with carbon after a week another 30% wc and repeat for 1 week after that. Things should settle down by then.