PDA

View Full Version : MH's too close together?

Jaws
01-25-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm pondering the best way to hang my MH's and I'm wondering how close is too close for the ends of two 400W MH bulbs if they're pointing at eachother.

O________ ________O

The O's represent the socket assembly and the flat lines represent the bulbs in case you're wondering about my prehistoric drawing. Thanks.

Delphinus
01-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm thinking that so long as they don't touch and with adequate ventilation/fans, it would be fine. Just my guess though.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-25-2008, 07:01 AM
I would try to have some gap between because they are both very hot & having two hot bulbs giving each other excess heat doesn't sound like it would be good for them. I would want several inches between bulbs at least, especially with 400 watters. JMO.

Anthony

fkshiu
01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
You could probably get away with having them a bit closer together if you have some airflow in there using a fan.

scumchug
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Make sure you leave enough room to change a bulb.. ha ha

Black Phantom
01-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I've always found that when the fish pull out the sunglasses and suntan oil your lights are too close together.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I kill me

clipperfish
01-26-2008, 12:49 AM
I would put the mogals back to back that way they would be at least 4to 6 inches apart then there wouldn't be any problem , just my two cents worth .

Jaws
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I would put the mogals back to back that way they would be at least 4to 6 inches apart then there wouldn't be any problem , just my two cents worth .

That would be nice but because of the layout of the tank it won't allow me to do that and get the best possible light spread as well. It's ok though. I've found a better way to hang them so I shouldn't have to chance this route. Thanks guys.