PDA

View Full Version : J&L or O.A. livestock order to kamloops...

bloat
01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
If there's someone in loops looking to make an order from the coast in the next bit let me know....I could add about $200 worth of livestock to your order. That way we could prolly swing free shipping.

argan
01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Bloat, I would be interested in that if we were to wait a bit for warmer weather. Or are you planning on doing it sooner rather than later?

bloat
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Just had a shipment come in from J&L on the bus last week.....all was good.
Would like to make an order in the next week though.
If not, I'll be down in Van in the end of Feb & could pick something up for you if you'd like.

argan
01-24-2008, 07:19 PM
oh well, i can't do it that soon sorry, gotta wait till i start my new job and pay off new tank ($600).
Definitely interested Though So i guess i will wait awhile and PM you in a few months :mrgreen:

bloat
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Just PM when your thinking of doing one.
I'll also be down there in Feb so let me know if you need something.

It just pays to buy some things down there.
For eg.....
T.P. is charging $40 for a cleaner shrimp, where as J&L charges $14
Suppliments are close to half of the price.
But I have to admit, T.P. usually has decent prices on corals, and the guys working there are pretty good dudes.
Haven't had much experience with P.L., they're pretty new to the salt game, and they dont seem to be dedicating as much inventory (live & dry) as T.P..

sick lid
01-25-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm expecting a shipment from OA very soon that can be added to

bloat
01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
cool....
pm'd sent.

wolf_bluejay
01-25-2008, 04:34 AM
I'll be heading down to Van (J&L and OA) soon to stock the new 220, as I just fired up the pumps today. As well, over the next 6 months or so I'll be heading down on a regular basis. I know the shipping costs on salt and sand can be quite high. So if anyone wants me to pick stuff up I should have room.

As for the stores around here, TP is not too much more than Van lately. But the coral selection is not so good unless you get in there early on days the corals come in. PL on the other hand only has "frag" size pieces and wants $40-80 for each. Almost always more money than TP.
TP has a few guys that acutally run reef tanks at home, and DO know what they are doing. In PL it is tough to find anyone who know more than the marketing dribble (who wants a 23 watt T5 light for more than a 55HO T5?)

bloat
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Someone told me that petcetera doesn't carry salt livestock anymore.
Not that i wasted much time there anyway....

sick lid
01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Also, I am planning to get an order from jehmco. LMK if they have something you want to include in my order

bloat
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I'll be heading down to Van (J&L and OA) soon to stock the new 220, as I just fired up the pumps today. As well, over the next 6 months or so I'll be heading down on a regular basis. I know the shipping costs on salt and sand can be quite high. So if anyone wants me to pick stuff up I should have room.

As for the stores around here, TP is not too much more than Van lately. But the coral selection is not so good unless you get in there early on days the corals come in. PL on the other hand only has "frag" size pieces and wants $40-80 for each. Almost always more money than TP.
TP has a few guys that acutally run reef tanks at home, and DO know what they are doing. In PL it is tough to find anyone who know more than the marketing dribble (who wants a 23 watt T5 light for more than a 55HO T5?)

Let me know if yur going down....thanks,
JIM

dstasiuk
02-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Anyone headed to J&L? I have a couple of things I'd like to score... Could be added to an order and combine shipping, or if someone's going, I could chip in some gas/toll money

Thanks,

Derrick

todd516
02-11-2008, 03:31 AM
lisa and i are going to hidden reef next week sometime and can get you your stuff there if you llike.

dstasiuk
02-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Todd,

Welcome to the forum - first post!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your tank - is it up and running yet?

todd516
02-11-2008, 03:59 AM
no the tank is not here yet. It got broken at the place that was making it. Then we took my mom away to mexico came home and now lisa and i are going to orlando for a week and then we are going to go get it at hiddin reef. Maybe in the next 2 weeks i might have a tank for you to come and see and help me set up. The guy at hidden reef is still going to come set up the tank but i want to have some stuff ready first.

iansfishy
02-11-2008, 04:09 AM
really? someone from hidden reef is going to go to kamloops so set up your tank? thats pretty cool.

bloat
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
welcome todd......
derrik, they have a pair of blue throats at J&L now....
I thought that you might have said you were possibly looking for one.?.

I will be in coming back through van on the 22nd too....so if you guys are looking for something at that time ... let me know & I'll keep my eyes open.

dstasiuk
02-12-2008, 03:55 AM
I called J&L today, and all the Blue Throats are gone - I was hoping for a single male, but obviously "snoozed" too long. Oh well - the hunt continues...

bloat
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Their website now says they have 2 lone males at $80 each.....not sure how old that is.....:question: