PDA

View Full Version : Wrasse - Yellow Coris, Yellow Canary Halichoeres chrysus

Chin_Lee
09-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Please provide your experience in this poll:
Use the top 9 poll questions if your fish has passed away.
Use the bottom 7 poll questions if you currently own this fish.
Multiple polls are allowed.
Select the best answer to the best of your knowledge.
Adding comments or elaborating on the cause of death in a post is encouraged.The options are as follows:

died within 0-3 months
died within 4-6 months
died within 7-9 months
died within 10-12 months
died within 13-18 months
died within 19-24 months
died within 2-3 years
died within 3-4 years
died after 5 years +
currently alive 0-6 months
currently alive 7-12 months
currently alive over 1 year
currently alive over 2 years
currently alive over 3 years
currently alive over 4 years
currently alive 5 years +

bv_reefer
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
very social and active fish, always scavenging at day time. never seen him harass other tank mates, and as all wrasse burrows and sleeps in sand at night.

Delphinus
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately I need to change my vote, I was one of the "currently alive 0-6 months" and this is no longer true. Mine jumped out of the tank on Saturday, he had just passed the 6 months mark. :(

What's incredible is that he was able to fit through the eggcrate cover I have on the tank which was supposed to reduce the carpet surfing. It must have been a 1 in 100 shot to be able to pass through one of the squares just right. Or maybe he jumped with enough force to lift the eggcrate cover, and just wasn't lucky enough to have been deflected back down into the tank.

Ya Dude
07-17-2008, 12:20 AM
no he jumped every night for 6 months and finally got out

Doo
07-17-2008, 12:54 AM
I had 2 and they both jumped out through eggcrate :(

Delphinus
07-17-2008, 04:45 AM
When smaller I could see it, but he was pretty stout. His body was way wider than the little 0.5" squares. Darn wrasses, they just keep finding a way to jump. Such a shame.

Snappy
07-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Mine just disappeared after 3.5 years and no sign of it anywhere. It was one of my faves.

midgetwaiter
07-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I added one to our large coral display and it's been a model citizen so far. No signs of looking to jump but as it is an open top tank I have my fingers crossed. People love this fish.

Tom R
07-17-2008, 04:15 PM
The Yellow Wrasse is one of the most effective controls for acro worms, however they are jumpers. I have bought 2 or 3 over the years and all have jumped with 6 to 9 months. On the bright side they certainly cleaned up any acro worms while they were in the tank.

Tom R