PDA

View Full Version : Cadlights Owners?

Oscar
01-22-2008, 07:42 PM
For those Cadlights owners north of the border, a couple of questions:

1. Did your tank and equipment survive shipping?

2. What did the shipping cost?

3. How is service from Cadlights?

4. Do any retailers carry Cadlights or is it strictly phone/web order?

fencer
01-22-2008, 08:12 PM
1. Packed very well
2. Expect to pay 100 - 200 in shipping
3. Can't say
4. I am the only one that I know of and I need to sell 8 of them to make it worth while

Oscar
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
So you have Cadlights in stock?

fencer
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I brought one up to assess for a friend. I would bring up more if I thought there was a lot of interest. Mind you I haven't advertised them either

mseepman
01-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I would advertise them fencer as I think you would get a good response. I was showing someone else their site today (they have a 29G Oceanic that they are returning because it arrived cracked) and their reaction was very good too.

Stoll
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
I recently asked the folks at Cadlights a couple questions concerning their 39g Signature Series setup and this was their response (which came about 15mins after my email)...

Thank you for your interest. you can purchase the Signature system without the HQI light, the price is $449.99 (694.99 w/ light) and it comes with all of the equipment and components. ( I wanted to know because I'm contemplating putting a 24" LED setup over the tank to reduce heat. Frankly temperature fluctuation in a small tank like this worries me..)

All the equipment is designed by us, but all the replacement components we use industry standard specs such as: HQI, T5HO bulbs, refugium light bulbs, padding etc. so you can either purchase them from us or from other aquarium supplies sources. (I obviously wanted to make sure that by purchasing their setup I wasn't pigeon-holing myself into having to order my replacement supplies exclusively through them).

We ship all of our Canadian shipments with UPS ground service. Our packaging is 4 layer reinforced and cushioned over required specs and is fully insured for you safety. The shipping cost for the aquarium is $80.

I'm still a fair ways away from buying my nano and I'm hoping that the LED systems come down some in price by then. The Cadlights setup with LED and an auto-topoff system would be perfect for what I want.

Oscar
01-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Stoll:

Thanks for the info. I saw your posting from a few months ago and was wondering if you had taken the plunge yet. What has you sold on the CadLights so far?

The LED is an interesting idea. Would they it produce enough of the right kind of light to support clams? I have been leaning towards the RSM due to its "clean" appearance but without hallide it will not support clams.

Anyone want to speculate on the brokerage charges to bring this unit across the border?

RonPeter
01-30-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm interested in the Cadlight aquariums as well...to bad there wasn't a retailer in Canada that sells them!

Oscar
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I ordered the 39G Signature on Monday. Their international shipping is the week of February 11th. I expect to see it the week of February 18th. I will let you know how the delivery went including the "brokerage" charges etc.

I keep checking various bulletin borads to see if anyone has received theirs yet. Nothing posted yet.

mseepman
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Oscar, I'm chomping at the bit to see what this tank ends up looking like. I really think you are going to love it. I keep reading reviews on Nano sites and for the most part, people seem to think Cadlights are about as nice as it gets.

Dr.Turf
12-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I ordered the 39G Signature on Monday. Their international shipping is the week of February 11th. I expect to see it the week of February 18th. I will let you know how the delivery went including the "brokerage" charges etc.

I keep checking various bulletin borads to see if anyone has received theirs yet. Nothing posted yet.

What has transpired? Received it? Good/bad?

Doc

Oscar
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
What has transpired? Received it? Good/bad?

Doc

Yes it arrived a number of months ago, and was installed in April.

I have a tank journal which I have been negligent in keeping current:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39808