PDA

View Full Version : Sold to a better home than expected. 3000 Gallon tank - Emporer from Tonga w streamer

PHCorrect
01-21-2008, 11:37 PM
As showy as SHOW can be.

As sad as I am too admit I have a small...tank. (210g) I thought I could give this beauty a great home when I brought it in from Atlanta but it is just not fair to this magnificant fish. I have yet too see one like this in any aquarium in the lowermainland and that goes for the stores as well any speciman that even comes close to this guy.

At 11 - 12" and lined with 19 to 21 stripes this fish is a show stopper. I will only let it go to a good facility.

He is feeding and I have had him for 1.5 months No desiese and fully acclimated.

$600 which is what I paid in USD. (and this does not include the shipping)

I will entertain some type of trade toward a 6" Solaris light.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Nice fish! Theres a beautiful one at J&L right now that I wanted. Hes not as big as yours though I don't think...Can I ask where you paid $600 for him???????

pandafishowner
01-22-2008, 12:06 AM
The OP already said "when I brought it in from Atlanta" :wink:

VFX
01-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Beautiful Fish!

Marine Centre (http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/angelfish/imperatorangelfish/) price these at $649 USD

If only I had the means...

tang daddy
01-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Mike gorgeous fish too bad you want to sell took so much time to acclimate and as you said it's quite rare, from the pic's the fish looks great!

Free bump for a nice guy.

bloat
01-22-2008, 02:17 AM
What a beauty!!!
Wow....

Its fish like this, that make me want to swap my reef for a FOWLR.....at least for a minute or two.

Good luck.....hopefully you find him a good large home.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-22-2008, 03:07 AM
The OP already said "when I brought it in from Atlanta" :wink:

Yeah thats why I asked...Atlanta has more than one fish store :) I used to live in Florida and be in Atlanta all the time for work and know the city pretty well. I also visited one really, really good LFS there to kill time. Just wondering where he found this guy...beautiful fish and thats a good price IMO as I used to see them in Miami for over $700.

This is a good deal!

WuHT
01-22-2008, 03:39 AM
i'm more interested in "how" he brought it over... ie the neccessary paper work ...or did that company ship across borders...

PHCorrect
01-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Tom Hill @ Just Rare fish

You can import for personal use NO TAX either. For some reason live fish are exempt. Just a really hard fish to find and most LFS won't bring them in unless you special order and when you do that you don't see what you get. I really don't wan't sell because he is so cool but it is just not fair for him in my 210 should go to 350g at a min. 900 would be awsome for this guy.

PHCorrect
01-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Note their (Marine Center) version of a Show size 7+" This guy is 11 - 12" and has the streamer, even more rare. The cool thing is he is bright yellow dominant under CF and Deep Blue under MH.

PHCorrect
01-22-2008, 05:20 AM
i'm more interested in "how" he brought it over... ie the neccessary paper work ...or did that company ship across borders...
I used Delta Dash Same day air BLI (Bellingham Intl) Group buys can happen using this method.

PHCorrect
01-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Nice fish! Theres a beautiful one at J&L right now that I wanted. Hes not as big as yours though I don't think...Can I ask where you paid $600 for him???????
See below

michika
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
If the angel is still around in 6 months let me know. I should have a system set up of an appropriate size for such a large fish.

Zylumn
01-25-2008, 05:24 AM
If the angel is still around in 6 months let me know. I should have a system set up of an appropriate size for such a large fish.

well the race is on michika what a beautiful fish as I will be around the 6 month mark for setting up a tank to house it.
(joint custody ????)LOL
Kevin

michika
01-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Lol, yes, one month in my tank, one month in yours :D

Or maybe we should do it how some people keep their dogs; mine when its good, yours when its naughty.

mark
01-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Remember when I was offered a foot long, live one for lunch for about $2.00.

Perodogo
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Hello!

I may be interested. I have a 500 gallon FOWLR system with mostly angels and tangs. I've had my system for over 5 years now and the last fish I added was about a year and a half ago. I do have a couple of pretty good sized angels in there now - French & Blue Ring both at around 9" - 10" so I'm a little concerned that they may not appreciate getting a room mate that's bigger than them. Anyway, I would like to know how you would be shipping the fish and if the $600 you're asking already includes the shipping cost.

Thanks