PDA

View Full Version : Aquasafe Replacement Filters

Jaws
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I think I'm way past due for replacing my filters on my Aquasafe 5 stage 100GPD unit but I'm not sure what I need exactly to do so. I don't use the DI cartridge so from what I can see I need replacement filters for the three large vertical chambers, the horizontal chamber above and then there's the top horizontal chamber that is see through and contains a sponge filter of some kind. The sponge has almost disintegrated and the water is pretty merky. Am I best to just buy a box of replacement filters eventhough they come with the DI filters too or is there a better way? Thanks.

christyf5
01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
You should have 3 vertical filters which contain the 5 micron, carbon and then another filter (I think its coconut or another 5 micron filter not sure which). Then the horizontal ones are a RO filter (which comes in white plastic cylinder) and the top see through one should be your DI. I'm not sure about a sponge filter?? The DI is a color changing resin that goes from a browny color to orange when its exhausted.

OA sells the filters. I'm not sure what the price is vs getting them from aquasafe unless you're buying them in bulk (aquasafe really nails you on the shipping IMO).

adidas
01-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I've got a case sitting here, i could sell you just the ones u need..cheap plus shipping. im in calgary.

hillbillyreefer
01-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I've been running mine for about 5 years with original filters. Finally changed them yesterday. 1 st vertical is sediment, middle is carbon chunks, 3rd is carbon block. First horizontal above the verticals is the membrane, then DI then polishing. If you backwash you unit regularly then the membrane is probably still ok, so don't bother changing it, just change the rest of them. My TDS went from 83 pre change to 2 post change, hopefully it makes a difference in the tanks. Less GHA.

HTH
Brad

Jaws
01-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks for your help guys.

Bryan
01-26-2008, 02:36 AM
You can safe some money on bulk filters from http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ They ship to Canada with a special brokerage rate from UPS

littlesilvermax
01-26-2008, 03:23 AM
I think my prices are fairly competitive:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31094