PDA

View Full Version : Aquagiant Glass Tank Reviews

rdnicolas
01-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has purhcased an Aquagiant Glass Aquarium (either regular stock or special order. (I'm not referring to the acrylic ones with curved edges). If you have do you have any comments on the quality? Any issues/complaints? I'm asking because I recently visited the store and thier large glass tanks appear to be very durable yet extremly affordable. Thanks!!

J.Lloy
01-21-2008, 05:49 AM
I do not have one of there tanks myself but from what I've seen and heard is nice tanks. You can adapt most lights to work with or over the tops. The only negative I heard is plumbing is difficult if you change anything, sizes don't match right with North American pieces.

SeaShell
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I bought a 140 gallon glass tank from them in October. It has the rounded front corners, too.

I must say that, now that it's up and running, I love my tank! Plumbing was a huge issue. Nothing really fits in the drilled overflow holes. They use schedule 50 (?) pipe, and you will not ever find fittings for it here in North America. I used what they supplied, but if their (very odd) bulkhead system ever fails, I will have to go into the overflow and widen the holes to accomodate Sched 40.

Otherwise, it's a really good looking tank and cabinet... I've been really happy with it.