PDA

View Full Version : A nice compliment

fishoholic
01-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Ok so I thought I'd share with everyone what my cousin (who has no clue about salt water tanks) said when she saw my 230g tank for the first time tonight. She said "This is much more than a fish tank, this is an experience"

christyf5
01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Wow thats so much nicer than when they're fascinated with the magfloat or ask about the shiny marbles (valonia) :razz:

fishoholic
01-21-2008, 03:34 AM
Wow thats so much nicer than when they're fascinated with the magfloat or ask about the shiny marbles (valonia) :razz:

:redface: I have to admit she was also fascinated by the magfloat, luckily we don't have any valonia, or I'm sure she'd think it was cool :lol: However she was mostly mesmerized by the fish, the corals, and the sheer size of the tank. She thought the tank had a very calming effect and mentioned that she could stare at it for hours, she also mentioned coming by to visit my tank more often :confused:

SeaShell
01-21-2008, 04:05 AM
That's an amazing compliment! I'm always mesmerized by well established reef tanks, too. Good for you!

fishoholic
01-21-2008, 04:20 AM
That's an amazing compliment! I'm always mesmerized by well established reef tanks, too. Good for you!

Myka
01-21-2008, 04:30 AM
HAHA! That's a great one...here's a few comments I've had:

"What are those green marble things?" (why do people always notice the Valonia???)
"Those things are animals?" (the corals)
"You have a Nemo." (No, actually it's his cousin Perc...lol)
"So does it take a long time to drain all the water and scrub it out?" (that's a long story, but no it takes about 10 minutes lol)

I've only had one friend who saw it that thought it was really "fascinating". A few of my mom's friends have been over and saw it, and they were much more "fascinated" by it. In fact, one of my mom's friends always comes over to check on "Nemo" when she's in town. Of course my three year old niece thinks I'm the coolest person around because I have THEE Nemo. Hahaha!

bv_reefer
01-21-2008, 07:21 AM
whats with the magfloat, so simple yet snags everyones attention right away lol? one of the best ones i've heard is '' are those corals real or is it one of those that you buy and then paint them you're self?'' or ''whats with that white fish with tentacles thats moving?? (condy anemone)''...never gets old, you're compliment is obviously much better lol :lol: