PDA

View Full Version : A product which, IMO, everyone should be using: Sponge Power

albert_dao
01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10926

Read that thread.

Does not require Zeovit for use.

I'm sure there's quite a few people on the board here who can attest to the effectiveness of Sponge Power.

sharuq1
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Looks cool, how much is it and do you have it?

albert_dao
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Of course :P

I prefer to discuss pricing via PM though.

Delphinus
01-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Wow, long thread. Haven't made it to the end yet.

One thing I notice already though (not too far into the thread), seems that some people prefer dosing only twice a week over daily? I've been dosing daily. I wonder if there's a benefit to switching to less often? Any thoughts?

Delphinus
01-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Oh and, is anyone besides me keeping it in the fridge or is it copesetic to have it out in room temperature all the time?

Der_Iron_Chef
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
FYI: http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11547

Delphinus
01-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Isn't that interesting! Not the whole "I think SP is fueling my hydroids" thing, but the "I think my Centropyge eats them". I totally missed the connection, but I've had a potter's angel for about 18 months now, and have noticed on a couple of occasions that I seem to have fewer hydroids. I always thought it might have been my CBB. Now I'm going to have to observe my potter's a little more, or try offering some hydroid covered rock to see if anyone picks at them.

Oh those darling little angels! :cool: :lol:

whiteice669
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
anyone keep it in B.C ?

midgetwaiter
01-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Albert do you have any idea if this stuff would also provide a decent amount of silicate? I'm thinking about messing around with a cryptic fuge type of thing.

mark
01-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Isn't that interesting! Not the whole "I think SP is fueling my hydroids" thing, but the "I think my Centropyge eats them". I totally missed the connection, but I've had a potter's angel for about 18 months now, and have noticed on a couple of occasions that I seem to have fewer hydroids. I always thought it might have been my CBB. Now I'm going to have to observe my potter's a little more, or try offering some hydroid covered rock to see if anyone picks at them.

Oh those darling little angels! :cool: :lol:

A cure for hydroids?

michika
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
I use Sponge Power and I like it so far. I've seen growth in a yellow sponge in the last two weeks. It went from nothing to about the size of a quarter. I will probably keep dosing.

Nate
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
FWIW,

My pair of African Flamebacks eat hydroids like it is going out of style

albert_dao
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Albert do you have any idea if this stuff would also provide a decent amount of silicate? I'm thinking about messing around with a cryptic fuge type of thing.

Zero silicates in the product.

Chowder
02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey Snappy I see you have been using this product for a while now. Was just curious if you had any before and after shots of some of your corals.
Thanks, Chris