PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max - Prices?

Oscar
01-20-2008, 04:46 PM
My local shop is now stocking the RSM + stand for $999. Hidden Reef is stocking it for $875. Has anyone seen any significantly better prices than these?

Myka
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
J&L Aquatics is $600 for tank and $250 for stand I think. Email them, they don't have it on their website. J&L will beat any competitiors price in Canada by 10% of the difference.

Oscar
01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Myka:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will send them anote.

Shipping would offset the difference. But a road trip to pick up all of the necessary starter supplies could make the trip worthwhile.

Myka
01-20-2008, 05:41 PM
They do free shipping on orders over $200, but I don't think that includes tanks...ask them.

cav~firez22
01-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Hiddenreef would be able to ship to okanagan for free, I say only because i go there every 2 - 3 weeks to get stuff, and would bring it back for you.
They beat J&L Prices all the time, plus, unlike J&L, you get customer service. ;)

Oscar
01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks Cav.

Since I am a newbie at this I have no experience with any of the retailers. I will have to do some website pricing comparisons betweenn HR and J&L. Abbotsford is a bit closer than Burnaby as well.

Oscar
01-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Hiddenreef would be able to ship to okanagan for free, I say only because i go there every 2 - 3 weeks to get stuff, and would bring it back for you.
;)

Thanks for the offer Cav. I may very well take you up on it. Probably not until February, my bank account is still recovering from Christmas and new snow tires.

cav~firez22
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
hahaha,,, i know that feeling. Mines recovering from lots of new livestock in the tank. :D

whenever though, i will usually post a few daysin advance before im goin down...

Oscar
01-21-2008, 12:04 AM
J&L Aquatics is $600 for tank and $250 for stand I think. Email them, they don't have it on their website. J&L will beat any competitiors price in Canada by 10% of the difference.

Myka:

Just received a note from J&L: Tank $599, stand $129 but no delivery due to the size. Worth a road trip.

tmbar19
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I got my Red Sea Max for $850 from Red Coral Aquariums in Calgary. Golds quoted me $800. A word of advice, they have had some problems with the:
- hood fans
- skimmer/bubbles
- pumps - the bottoms fall off and produce tons of bubbles in the tank!

I fought for three months with the tank before I got it working properly. They sent me a new fan to put in (major headache!!), new pump nozzels, and now I'm waiting for new bottoms for the pumps. I have found that adding an air pump to the skimmer aids in it's cleaning capacity. Good luck!

Oscar
01-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I got my Red Sea Max for $850 from Red Coral Aquariums in Calgary. Golds quoted me $800. A word of advice, they have had some problems with the:
- hood fans
- skimmer/bubbles
- pumps - the bottoms fall off and produce tons of bubbles in the tank!

Good luck!

I have been following a thread from the UK and was up to speed on the micro bubbles and fan issue. It sounded like the most recent shipments (in the UK anyway) had been fitted with updated skimmer and quieter fan. How recently did you pruchase your unit?

I had not heard about the pump issue.

Myka
01-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Myka:

Just received a note from J&L: Tank $599, stand $129 but no delivery due to the size. Worth a road trip.

Ah ok! Off on the stand I see I was. Haha!

They beat J&L Prices all the time, plus, unlike J&L, you get customer service.

Oooo, ouch! I've never had any troubles with J&L regarding customer service. What happened to you?

cav~firez22
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
oh sorry,

not so much of an issue with "rude" customer service, just way to freakin busy to help us out. for the most part i know what im buying.

hope that didnt come out wrong.