PDA

View Full Version : Bags of Saltwaterconnection sand availiable on Feb 17 Monday

Canadian Man
02-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey All, I will post this in the buy/sell forum as well.

I have a pallet of sand comming in from Salt Water Connection on Monday, February 17th.
Some of the bags are spoken for allready but there are more availiable.
So speak up if your intrested in some sand.

Price is same as before when Tony had it-$25.00 a bag and the bags are aprox 35lbs each.

So far I have the following people down for the following amounts.
Seriak- 8bags
Teevee-I can't remember how much you wanted?

Cheers All

Quinn
02-12-2003, 01:40 AM
9 bags should do me fine jon. thanks. :D

EmilyB
02-12-2003, 03:11 AM
Jon/Jayson,

Where is this sand sourced from and what is the size?

Canadian Man
02-12-2003, 03:41 AM
Sand is same as caribsea sugar sand.
Tony has this sand in his "Ritteri tank"
This is a guess.

Quinn
02-12-2003, 03:42 AM
if it is the same stuff, it is SUPER nice and white, at least until it goes "live".

StirCrazy
02-12-2003, 04:25 AM
Sand is same as caribsea sugar sand.

No I think it is quite different that Caribsea, it has a better mix of size than caribsea and mixes into the water much nicer.
In fact I would recomend this over Caribsea for two reasons.. the cost and no milkshake foam scumm from it.

Steve

EmilyB
02-12-2003, 04:37 AM
What Caribsea are you comparing to ? special grade, sugar sand, etc. I'm just wanting to be sure on grain size.

StirCrazy
02-12-2003, 04:45 AM
sugar sand.

the caribsea argamax sugar sand. the Caribsea stuff is beige, and the stuf from Jason is much whiter. another thing I noticed is the caribsea is damp while the stuf Jasone sells is dry.. I can't see a imeadiat reason for the dampness but it stands to reason that there is probably a lb or two of water.. I am not into paying 2.00/lb for water.. maby there is some other reason that makes it important to ship it damp, but I have used both and personaly, as long as I can get ahold of the stuff that Jason keeps shipping out I fell no need to use the Caribsea stuff.

Steve

EmilyB
02-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Where is this sand sourced from and what is the size?

For Jayson then... :D

trilinearmipmap
02-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Where do we pick up the sand? Or can you ship it by Greyhound? I am interested in enough for a 5" to 6" deep sand bed for a 75g if there is a way to get it up to me in Prince Rupert.

Canadian Man
02-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Where do we pick up the sand? Or can you ship it by Greyhound? I am interested in enough for a 5" to 6" deep sand bed for a 75g if there is a way to get it up to me in Prince Rupert.

Well you can make a trip to calgary and pick it up :D
That might be a long trip though. I could probably ship it greyhound but that would be probably more for shipping then it would be for the sand.
so unless you make a trip here it's probably not worth it.