PDA

View Full Version : Moonlights fading?

sharuq1
01-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Have some of those coralife moonlights made out of the little blue led's, but 2 of them have been fading and one is so faded I can't even tell when it is on anymore. (It is blue but doesn't have the power to shine into the tank and be noticeable) Any idea how to fix it?

fencer
01-19-2008, 05:37 AM
I have never tried to fix a Coralife one but here are some possible problems:
1. Burned out LED...these should last into the thousands of hours
2. Burned out resistor that is attached to the lead
Either way you gotta open it up put a new LED/ and or resistor in the canopy.

banditpowdercoat
01-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Power supply is fading. LED's them selves either work, or dont. They do however change brightness with the voltage. So, if they dimming, then the voltags is dropping. OR, they are getting covered by salt or algea?

sharuq1
01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know how I could contact Coralife? I have googled it and come up with nothing except redirects to the oceanic site. They are no help at all.

Matt
01-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know how I could contact Coralife? I have googled it and come up with nothing except redirects to the oceanic site. They are no help at all.Since 2004, they're all the same company. ESU/Oceanic/All-Glass/Kent Marine. All "Central Garden and Pet" companies/brands. If you're not getting satisfaction from Oceanic, where the ESU/Coralife brand was inserted, there's no place to go. ESU no longer exists.