PDA

View Full Version : FS :330 gallon tank needs some work

Nate
01-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, it has been a long week this week. As some of you know I run an aquarium maint business. This week upon installing a tank in a clients pool room, (84X30X30) we had a suction cup slip and the back corner of the tank hit the ground. No one was hurt thank god aside from the tank. The tank has two overflows both with two holes in them, and has two returns plumbed through the bottom of the tank. The back panel (84X30) needs to be replaced as it was hit hard. Front panel had a bit of egg shelling and may also need to be replaced. I have been quoted about 250 to replace each panel, and can put you in contact with the guy who builds all the tanks pretty much for Calgary to have it repaired.

The tank is euro braced like crazy (double layers) And is built quite solid.

I am not looking for a lot of money, just want to try to recover some of my losses as this tank retails for nearly 2500 dollars.

Throw some offers out there if you are interested.

Tank has never been filled and looks great (aside from the crack)

Also would make a sweet terrarium for anyone that has them.

thanks

Nate

Please also understand that due to the nature of this sale, I cannot guarantee the structure of the aquarium, as I am selling it as a broken tank, it is up to you to choose to fix it.

banditpowdercoat
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Ouch Nate. Thats an expensive bobo. $500 to replace front/back aint bad on a $2500 purchase price If its professionally repaired, then should be just like new :D

Not financially able to be even remotely interested, but know what its like to have to eat a bobo cost like that.

Nate
01-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Sh!t happens...the biggest thing is that no one got hurt, I took a good cup off the knee, but again, look at it this way, now someone who could maybe not afford a big tank, could put some work in themselves, and have what could possibly be their "dream tank"

thanks for the bump, figured I would also mention tank is located in Lake Bonavista if anyone would like to come and see it.

michika
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Can you tell me more about the position of the overflows?

Nate
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
the overflows are in the back corners and are good for 1 1/2 inch PVC piping

Return wholes are in the middle of the back (bottom) an d are for use with 1 inch PVC.

thanks for the interest guys, and like I said throw out offers, I think I know what it might be worth, but willing to listen to offers as well thanks (I wont be insulted)

michika
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Are they square shaped, or rounded?

Nate
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
sorry, they are rectangular in shape the long side being a long the back wall

Also wanted to note that my week could have been worse, I could have been in alberts shoes (sorry to hear about it) I just read his thread.

michika
01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm short 1.5" in length. Curses! This is almost a perfect sized tank for what I need!

Nate
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
If I were you, I would take part of the wall out!

Nate

hurley
01-17-2008, 06:15 PM
im sure i saw this tank at the shop, its super nice

KrazyKuch
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
If I were you, I would take part of the wall out!

Nate

I don't think our nieghbour would appreciate it!

Nate
01-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I bet you there would be no complaints if it was an in wall tank!!!!

Nate

04scoobysti
01-18-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm short 1.5" in length. Curses! This is almost a perfect sized tank for what I need!

Well, since you do have to replace both front and back panels, you could have the bottom and eurobracing cut to the correct length when the tank is appart.

Just a thought :biggrin:

Nate
01-18-2008, 01:18 AM
true, and you could get this for dirt cheap!

michika
01-18-2008, 02:55 AM
I bet you there would be no complaints if it was an in wall tank!!!!

Nate

Yeah you are right, I certainly wouldn't have any complaints :lol:

What do you think it would cost to cut down the panels?

Nate
01-18-2008, 04:35 AM
I could probably get it done for about 50-100 bucks...

Nate