PDA

View Full Version : is this how i should wire my WH7?

smokinreefer
02-11-2003, 02:16 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/WH7.JPG
WH7 is to light 1 x 160W VHO

CHEAPREEF
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM
Yep.

Clinton

reefburnaby
02-11-2003, 04:05 AM
Hi,

According to fulham, you should only short three of them and tie off the fourth...but there is no real harm in using the fourth one. If you want Icecap like lighting (not full blast VHO), then you should only use two of them (i.e two red wires connect to both pins on the bulb). The yellow wiring is correct.

- Victor.

StirCrazy
02-11-2003, 04:51 AM
I would short all 4 wires togeather then split to the two pins myself but your way will work also.. I run all 4 wires myself.

Steve

smokinreefer
02-11-2003, 04:52 AM
thanks for the info.
but no, i do not want icecap type lighting...i dont really understand why anyone would want to underdrive their bulbs, i want real VHO lighting.

just as a heads up, i have modififed my diagram to show a 3 prong plug that i will be using...and i will connect the ground wire to the screw that is used on the mounting harness on the ballast. this will provide a ground for the ballast just as any regular electrical device has.

it was something i was planning on doing, but in talking to darren, he felt it is something that we should point out, to be sure that others do the samething and keep things safe around our reeftanks and in our homes.