PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm exit dosage?

christyf5
01-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Whats the deal with this stuff? I'm at 8x dosage on the package and its like nothin doin in the tank. Granted a few are floating around but some are just cruising on the sandbed like its business as usual. I'm coming up on 30 minutes.

What kind of dosages are other people using with success?

PS. this is my 7g nano tank, not the big one :razz:

calkrog
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
i used aprox 8x dosage to get rid of zoa eating nudi's, but it also killed my tuxedo urchin. i would definite not use any more. I've still got mixed emotions about using the stuff.

christyf5
01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't have anything else in the system except for hitchhikers, flatworms, zoas ricordeas and a single fish. Not too worried about what croaks (except for the fish) as the zoos have been on their way out one by one. I had assumed it was the flatworms.

Reefer Rob
01-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Dosage on the package killed them all in my tank, and quick, too quick. Did you check the expiry date?

christyf5
01-17-2008, 01:39 AM
yes, the expiry is 03/2009. Right from the first time I used the product I had to use way more than the dosage on the package. I'm crossing my fingers that it was successful this time. I don't see any in there but I didn't last time either and tey cam back in droves :rolleyes:

Reefer Rob
01-17-2008, 01:53 AM
I hate them! They're evil! But in a cute way.

christyf5
01-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Flatworms cute? Ugh, no way. They are neat, I'll give you that but unwanted if all your pricey zoos are disappearing (whatever's eating them doesn't save the red ones for last :razz:). Granted I'm not sure if its the flatworms that were getting the job done or the many bristle worms I've been fishing out of the tank since the treatment.

FYI, at this dosage:
- all brittle stars die first, and lower dosages as well.
- stomatella snails slow down (even slower than they already are) I
don't know if they die (yet) though.
- flatworms mostly die. I haven't seen one yet but talk to me in 2 weeks.
- bristleworms come out of their hidey holes and are slow to respond to
my plucking them off the rocks with tweezers. I'd feed them to my other
fish in the main tank but they're probly full of toxic junk so into the toilet
they go. I secretly think they've been munching on my zoos as well as I
don't feed the tank that much and any excess nutrients are taken up by
the 27 different types of algae that grows in there :rolleyes:
- ricordeas get really pinchyfaced and their mouths get a bit gapey. After
the treatment its back to business though

Keri
02-07-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm scared to use this product, I don't want to crash my tank....do people ever just LIVE with the flatworms? or do they always explode in population?

tang daddy
02-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Christy I know there are also nudi eating zoas the reason why you may not see them is bcause they're out at night and penetrate the zoa via the mouth and eat it inside out try a fresh warm water dip the zoas can take it but those pests can't.

Also sometimes zoas get a fungus infection that maybe it too as I read on RC.

christyf5
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I've never seen them but its worth a try, I'm getting sick of them dwindling away one by one. I'm wondering if its nudis though as they're so slow to diminish. You'd think with all that food in there for them the population would go nuts and they'd be going to town on the zoos. Unless of course they're picky and like the colored/expensive ones, there's only about 2 of those left so if they plan on staying alive they're going to have to be less particular :razz:

chris c
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
hi Chrityf5

I am also having problems with flat worms in my tank. I have been looking for flat worm exit for a while now and can not find it where did you get yours

thanks alot
chris

mseepman
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
OA still sells it. They're about the only ones.

christyf5
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
yep thats where I got mine from :biggrin:

tang daddy
02-10-2008, 07:54 PM
so did you try the fresh warm water dip yet?

christyf5
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
yep and theres been no change, those zoos that weren't affected before are fine and those that were pinchy faced and withering away are still pinchy faced and withering away :neutral:

ref leppard
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
yep and theres been no change, those zoos that weren't affected before are fine and those that were pinchy faced and withering away are still pinchy faced and withering away :neutral:

Try moving them to a area with more water movement!

christyf5
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Try moving them to a area with more water movement!

I've tried several different places from less to more water movement (ie far away from the water input to practically on top of it. Still they are pinchy and whithered :neutral: The only ones I'm having problems with are the colorful ones.

PoonTang
02-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Best thing i think for zoa's i think is a Lugol's dip. You may also be able to get some help from one of the Zoa specific forums or AP.