PDA

View Full Version : PH level

Maintenance Man
02-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Hello . I need some imput please. I can seem to control our Ph level . I did a water change two weeks ago of about 20 gallons . Now my Ph level is at a whopping 8.8 not good at all . I am going to do a water change tonight of about 20 gallons again , If you have any other ideas about what i should do please tell !!!! thank you :D

Canadian Man
02-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Another idea would be to check your test kit against another one and make sure your not doing all this for nothing.

If you use a monitor then recalibrate it. I find that sometimes my monitor doesnt stay calibrated very long and other times it last's a long time.

cheers

Aquattro
02-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Andy, Jonathon is right. Check whatever you're measuring with. If you need to, bring a water sample over. Completely fill (submerge) a container and bring it right over. Call first.

BCOrchidGuy
02-14-2003, 04:11 AM
The other thing is if it tests out that your test kit is fine mix up some of your salt and measure it. I've had batches of salt that mix to close to 9 pH, and have a Ca of 180ppt but an Alk of 14. I now use Kent salt and I've yet to find an issue with it.