PDA

View Full Version : Possible 175g bowfront for sale?

marie
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking of selling my 175g bowfront *COMPLETE* as in no parting out, so if you want my achilles tang you have to buy everything :razz: .
I will try (for obvious reasons) to sell it in town here but it would be nice to sell it to someone who know what they are doing and could keep my achilles alive for his natural life span...any interest?

this pic was taken last night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/mariesnell/jan15002.jpg

michika
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I wish you were closer, I would snap it up.

Delphinus
01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
No kidding... :eek:

How come you want to sell it Marie?

Chin_Lee
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow.... lost for words Marie. What brought this on?

Phanman
01-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I hope your not completely getting out of the hobby Marie. You have a beautiful tank :biggrin:

mseepman
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah it would be shame for someone who can take their tank to that level to get out of the hobby.

argan
01-16-2008, 06:59 PM
can you send me a Pm with ballpark price?
got a livestock list?

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 07:18 PM
*gasp*

bloat
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
geesh!!!!
You just miised me....I picked up a 175 bow last week.....I would have fur sure made the trip....especially for that beauty setup.
Ohwell.....goodluck

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Holy smokes Marie! What happened to make you come to this decision?

muck
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
*gasp* x2

marie
01-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Ok first off I'm not getting out of the hobby I still have 2 other tanks :mrgreen:.

I've put a lot of thought into this over the last month and while I'm not desperate to sell, It would just be nice to free up some time. My youngest daughter will soon be flying the coop and my husband is a highway truck driver that I never get to see (the last time he was home was in nov :cry: ), it would be nice to travel with him occasionally.

The smaller tanks are easy maintenance and I would have no problem finding someone to keep an eye on them for me but the big tank appears to be very intimidating to any potential caregivers :razz:

I'm probably dreaming but I'm looking to get $5000 out of it

Chaloupa
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
WOW Marie! But I understand completely. I have considered recently getting rid of my 120g...not nearly as gorgeous as yours! I don't think 5000.00 is out of whack...it will just require the right person to come along...and they will. Good luck!

christyf5
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
But, but its so purty! :wink:

Yeah its hard to find good tanksitters, esp with a larger system. I'm glad I've got a couple good ones.

Still, sad to hear. I love your "I hate coralline algae " stories :razz:

Good luck with your sale and glad to hear you're not getting out of the hobby :biggrin:

marie
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
And for those that pm'd me,

The price is $5000 obo
The equipment is not top of the line and is well used but the fish are very healthy and ich free, the corals have been treated for red bugs and there are no signs of acro flatworms.
There are also a few extras like a brand new (hasn't even been removed from the box) panworld 150 pump, 2 used icecap vho 660 ballasts, extra 20lbs of calcium reactor media, bucket of carbon, ect.

Some specs
175g oceanic bowfront with stand, hamilton canopy with 3 250w de MHs and 2 165w vhos, genx 70 return pump, calcium reactor, berlin xl protien skimmer, tunze wavebox, 3 6060 tunze streams

achilles tang
regal angel
foxface
2 orchid dottybacks
3 glass cardinals
2 mandarins
3 chromis

lots of corals acros, montis ect minus a few bali aquacultured of Anthonys
approx 200lbs of live rock, live sand and a few thousand snails

*edit* and enough coralline algae to wall paper your living room with :wink:

argan
01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I think it's well worth that price, unfortunately my wife gave me one of those looks when i mentioned it LoL.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Talked it over with Irene & if the timing works, we might be able to come up to Powell River to tank-sit for at least part of your vacation. If you can line up someone for Irene to talk to about insurance, heck, she can even write it off as a business expense. If you run out of tank sitters, let me know because I still have several other friends living in the area who might be able to check on the tank for you & call me if there is a problem.

Irene also says its ok that if I can't solve the problem remotely, I can hop a couple of ferries & pop up there for a housecall:wink:

On the other hand, she totally understands your predicament because we've never taken off for more than a week since starting sw.

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2008, 02:27 AM
BTW, TomR is now retired so maybe he could come up with me/us for the housecall:lol:

tang daddy
01-17-2008, 05:51 AM
lucky for you, Irene and Tom that you guys can go away to house sit. Since I started my tanks I dare not leave for more than 2 days, my GF begs me for a vacation but vacations are more of a worry for me with my reef tank. A deep sigh anyhow Marie your tank is awesome if I had the extra cash I would definately buy it more than a great deal!!

Lance
02-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi Marie. Can't believe you're selling your tank! Just showed my wife Joan the pics and she loves it. Too bad I bought mine 3 months ago, I'd love to have a tank like yours. Anyway, if you are needing a tank sitter, I only live 3 blocks away and go by your house everday. I don't have a lot of experience in saltwater, but have been doing a lot of research, since I set mine up. It's been 2 months now and haven't killed anything (knock on wood). Anyhow, Good Luck, I'm sure you will find a buyer. It's a good price.

marie
02-05-2008, 02:13 AM
... Too bad I bought mine 3 months ago, I'd love to have a tank like yours.

Your allowed to have more then one tank you know :razz:

Lance
02-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Any more tanks and Joan will kill me. 90 gallon salt, 70 gallon freshwater, that will one day become a reef tank, 20 gallon QT, 10 gallon QT, 10 gallon pod farm, 10 gallon for fire-belly toads.

atcguy
02-05-2008, 04:14 AM
sorry i pm'ed you and then saw your details on the thread. thanks

kaitie
02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
are you still selling it? its absolutely beautiful the nicest tank ive ever seen, my boyfriend is in love with it.

marie
02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Selling is still a possibilty but I think I will end up revamping the tank instead...starting with catching the regal angel and replacing the live rock from one side of the tank :mrgreen: