PDA

View Full Version : gate valve?

fiorano
01-16-2008, 05:19 AM
i have a euro reef skimmer and its kind of a pain to adjust after i clean it out and stuff and i hear everyone talking about a gate valve mod and how that makes it way easier to adjust the skimmer and helps it alot tc. i was just wondering what the heck a gate valve mod is in the first place haha cause i think id like to try that if it makes it any better

morph
01-16-2008, 06:48 AM
basically your adding a big plastic tap to adjust the flow out of your skimmer instead of moving the pipe up and down/ euro reef sells a kit to do the mod

reptile guy
01-16-2008, 06:58 AM
go to asmskimmer.com and look under mods they have a gate valve mod on there plus recirc mods. Euroreefs and Asm's are practically the same skimmer in design so you would go about it in the same way

Jason McK
01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
OA has a wide range of sizes.

J

calkrog
01-16-2008, 04:26 PM
OA has a wide range of sizes.

J

and they cost an arm and a leg usually. if you dont mind waiting a couple of days for shipping try savko.com its where i got mine for my euroreef when i did the mod and i have no complaints about them and as for the mod it is well worth it because i also had problems adjusting the skimmer. this makes it much easier.

fiorano
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
ok thanks guys :)