PDA

View Full Version : question for contractors

danny zubot
01-16-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm debating placing my new tank in a position to become an in wall tank. Prior to situating it I need to know a couple of things though. Because the wall the tank will be in will also surround the furnace, I need to know what the minimum clearance is for the space between this wall and the furnace.

Also, the wall will butt up to a small area where a window is on the left, and the water meter is on the right. Is there any clearances that should be know about those two things?

KrazyKuch
01-16-2008, 03:46 AM
as far as i know you just have to have access to them all.....as in make sure you can walk between your tank and the furnace...make sure that you have enough room around the water meter so that it ever had to be replaced the tank wouldn't be in the way...

So in other words I would say 1 metre away from the furnace and water meter

danny zubot
01-16-2008, 04:21 AM
There will be plenty of room between the tank and furnace, hot water tank and meter. My concern is how much clearance to leave between the furnace and the new wall?

Sebae again
01-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Hi. Minimum of 18 inches to pull out burners more if possible. Other clearances are listed on the specs of the gas tags,on the hot water tank and usually on the inside of the furnace. Keep min 6 inches away from single wall venting and min 1 inch from ''B'' vent ( double wall ). If you have a house with no cumbustion air ,add some because on older homes weren't air tight so they considered this an air source. If you consider exhausting any hot air from your tank make sure you have sufficient ''make up air'' Remember,moisture can rot out venting and heat exchangers (dangerous) Hope this wasn't too scarry. Calling in a gasfitter/sheetmetal pro isn't as costly as most people think and could save you money and your health in the long run.