PDA

View Full Version : So my house just got broken into

albert_dao
01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
And they took everything, smashed my tank, oh yeah.

I won't be at the store for the next couple of days to clean up this mess. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Good times eh?

Joe Reefer
01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................. ...................................
....................................WTF. Sorry to hear this.

adidas
01-15-2008, 11:08 PM
smashed your tank? :(

albert_dao
01-15-2008, 11:08 PM
smashed your tank? :(

Yup, took pictures of the mess for insurance purposes. Fricking ridiculous.

adidas
01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Yup, took pictures of the mess for insurance purposes. Fricking ridiculous.

man that sucks..sorry dude..what a waste, why they have to do that. Fk

Jason McK
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Holly Crap. That's my worste nightmare. I've always said if people broke into my place they wouldn't take and of my crap but in frustration they would likely smash the tank.
That's just horrible I can't believe it. So sorry for your losses and the huge mess.

If you don't mind could you follow up with how your insurance company treats you?

Delphinus
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm so sorry!!! :cry: That's HORRIBLE!!!!

Is there anything I can do to help???

VFX
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Really sorry to hear that Albert.

Wow! Can't believe it! Not enough to break into your home & steal your things, but have to destroy your tank & kill your pets too :cry:

I hope kharma does it's thing & those creeps get what they deserve!

digital-audiophile
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Albert if you need a hand with anything just give me a call. 710-3757

michika
01-15-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm really sorry this happened.

Let me know if you need any help.

Pan
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry dude, at least if you had homeowners insurance it will be covered. I saw that solaris light fixture...i can vouch it was there

langdon reefer
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
That Sucks MAN So sorry to hear hope they get whats coming to them

fmelindy
01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
this is so f'n sad.... what in god's name is society coming to? how totally unnecessary. I feel for you man, if anyone does that to me and I find out who they are they better have some good runnin' legs or a damn fast car.

rudy
01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Albert that sucks man. Sorry to hear.

Chowder
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Man sorry to here that. Thats totally not right.

SeaShell
01-16-2008, 12:25 AM
OMG.

Man, I am really getting sick of those ***#oles. One day it's a kitten in a microwave, the next it's puppies down an outhouse, and now this.

Somewhere along the line people need to severely punished for actions like this. I'm sick and tired of the courts saying animals aren't as important as people and no compensation will be given for torturing animals. It's not right!

It's been shown that people who treat animals badly are next likely to do something hideous to a person. When will society learn? When will people take responsibility for their actions? Where will this end?

I'm so disappointed in what this world's become...... I cannot express myself sufficiently in writing......

And I'm so sorry for your loss......

Matt
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
That is just horrible. You have my sympathy.

littlesilvermax
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Any homeowners insurance I have seen does not cover animals.

I hope you make out OK.:cry:

andestang
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Thats just crappy Albert :bad-word: If you need any thing or help just say the word and send a PM. I hope you catch the pr**ks that would do such a thing.

christyf5
01-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Man thats totally brutal. What a nightmare. Good luck with the cleanup and insurance company.

I take it all the livestock was a total loss?

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 01:09 AM
WTF! That's just.....sick.

I'll throw in an offer of help, too. Need anything, just ask (651-3450).

Finaddict
01-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Albert , sorry to hear that.. totally blows.

let us know if you need help.

what a sick world we live in..just sick

connie and Mike

Brent F
01-16-2008, 01:27 AM
That's horrible. It's so senseless

SeaSerpant
01-16-2008, 01:43 AM
THATS F***ING HORIBBLE. if i could help i would but i don't have anything to contribute (i'm only 13). i hoPe they catch the people who did it.

Neil
01-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Albert- sorry to hear about this man. i cannot believe anyone would stoop that low. It sucks it happened to anyone, especially someone who is so passionate about the hobby. I hope they catch the bastards. Need any help, im sure you've heard it before, let me know if there is anything i can do. You've help out so many of us before, im sure we all wish we could return the favour and help you out.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-16-2008, 01:54 AM
This totally sucks man. What you're going through is also my nightmare since other than my tanks, my place is filled with stuff from Craigslist & old electronics that aren't worth much. Hope they find out & catch whoever did it. Good luck with the insurance claim.

Anthony

surgeonfish
01-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Let me add my name to growing list to say I'm sorry to hear about your news. Wish I could do something to help. We all need to keep our eyes open for these vandals.
Shane

fishoholic
01-16-2008, 02:12 AM
:eek: I can't imagine how much that sucks! I hope they catch the a**holes that did it.

rocketlily
01-16-2008, 02:13 AM
I am very sorry to hear about this. Our house was broken into a few years ago, so I know what you're going through. Good luck with the clean up.

dsaundry
01-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Sorry to hear you got vandalized by stupid street punks. I hope they get some serious street justice and soon. Its jerks like that that deserved to have the sh*t kicked out of them. What a bunch of goofs. I also want you to know I have been saying different words but I cant print them. I know how long it takes to get things going and to have a violation of your property like this can only be as frustrating as h*ll. Wish you all the best and hope they catch the b*sturds.:twised:

BC564
01-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Hey Albert

Sorry to hear about this. Let me know if or how I can help.....come on over and frag anything you want......its the least I can do....

you have my number.....use it...

adidas
01-16-2008, 03:40 AM
hope they try my house next..and they can meet my German Shephard guarding my tank.

albert_dao
01-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Hey, thanks for all the response everyone! I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I just finished cleaning up all the mess. My sump wasn't ravaged, so I threw all the fish in there (all made it, BAM, I rule).

Other than that, my roommate and I are down (and counting):

- Two relatively new laptops
- A nice 19" Samsung LCD monitor
- XBox 360 Elite
- An expensive set of Kershaw Shun knives (a bit over $2k on this one, OUCH!)
- All my coral

Yup, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of crap they managed to screw me out of in the span of three hours. Whatever, at least they didn't hurt my friend's dog, fluffly thing probably licked hands and begged for tummy rubs, lol.

rudy
01-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Hey, thanks for all the response everyone! I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I just finished cleaning up all the mess. My sump wasn't ravaged, so I threw all the fish in there (all made it, BAM, I rule).

Other than that, my roommate and I are down (and counting):

- Two relatively new laptops
- A nice 19" Samsung LCD monitor
- XBox 360 Elite
- An expensive set of Kershaw Shun knives (a bit over $2k on this one, OUCH!)
- All my coral

Yup, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of crap they managed to screw me out of in the span of three hours. Whatever, at least they didn't hurt my friend's dog, fluffly thing probably licked hands and begged for tummy rubs, lol.

I am pretty impressed. Bit of a plug for Albert and his passion towards his work and the hobby. He called me on the way to his place from Golds appologizing that he would not be able to plumb my tank tonight. Most would have just gone and explained later.

Good luck Albert, I hope they chop their genitals off with the knives....

trilinearmipmap
01-16-2008, 04:01 AM
It is a very sad and unfortunate loss.

There will always be people like that. People who do stuff like that are dysfunctional losers. In time they will get what is coming to them.

KrazyKuch
01-16-2008, 04:07 AM
sorry to hear albert, glad the fish survived, from what A know insurance should replace everything even the corals if you have recent photos of what you have!!!

Delphinus
01-16-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm very relieved to hear the fish have survived!!!!!

tang daddy
01-16-2008, 04:20 AM
oh man I feel sorry for you, just reading this makes me very upset and angry at the same time! I hope the insurance company will replace everything that got taken, although some of your corals money can't replace for me it's worth more than diamonds I hope that things will go alot more smoothley for you.

Chris

Mik_101
01-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Bunch of goofs. If you find them kick the cr*p out of them they most definitely deserve it.

fishoholic
01-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm very relieved to hear the fish have survived!!!!!

Me too.

christyf5
01-16-2008, 04:57 AM

Glad to hear all the fish made it. :biggrin: Thats some quick thinkin! Although we would expect nothing less :wink:

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Oh dude. Not the Shun knives....

*cry*

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Oh...and I'm assuming you've called the police?! Sorry if I missed that in this rapidly expanding, record-breakingly high post thread.

albert_dao
01-16-2008, 05:14 AM
:P @ Drew

Pictures tomorrow of all the fun :D

bv_reefer
01-16-2008, 05:20 AM
omg what a loss, i'm sorry to hear that albert, people like that only last so long before karma kicks them square in the a**, but why the tank, honestly, why the tank, all that money and time:sad:

Todd
01-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Sorry to hear this, a terrible waste.

Did you lose your corals because the tank was broken, or were they stolen?

Salinity Now
01-16-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm glad to hear that nothing happened to you or any loved ones. Its terrible to hear about that kind of stuff. Best of luck in the future.

Terry

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Stolen corals! Now that would narrow down the list of suspects, I'd wager. I for one have had my eye on that giant echino.

albert_dao
01-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear this, a terrible waste.

Did you lose your corals because the tank was broken, or were they stolen?

Corals got owned by airtime.

banditpowdercoat
01-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Damn Albert, Sorry to hear this. Why the heck would they break a fishtank? just boggles the mind. I did some crap when I was a kid that didn't make sense, but this is ridiculous.

andresont
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
OK so so we all are sorry , lets do something..
Local people can help physically but all the non locals can help too eh?
How about those who wants to help voluntarily/willingly PayPal a few bucks to the man? Nothing special but 5-10 $ each would sure help right?
May be he won't be able to recover the price of the knives but least we can do is to show some support.

what is your PayPal account Albert?

TRIX
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
WTF.....Grrrrrr. Add me to the long list if you need anything.....and if you find them!!!

fmelindy
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
good idea andresont... i'm in that line, let me know where to send the money and I'm there.

dsaundry
01-16-2008, 03:15 PM
One more suggestion:idea: , contact your local media, tv, radio, paper, It may help. Someone may turn them in. Lowlifes often turn on one another. Maybe if everybody on Canreef donates a few bucks it could turn into a reward for info to get someone to turn these scum in. I'm in for $20 to get the ball rolling. Wish it was more.:sad:

Der_Iron_Chef
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'd donate. I'd also buy another Shun knife set and go O-Ren Ishii on their a$$es.

ponokareefer
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :cry: That would be a personal nightmare for me, so I could only imagine what you are going through. Unfortunately in our society, we will only see this type of activity continue to grow unless we become more proactive as a society.
As for your insurance claim, I'd start to make a list of items missing now. For each item, try to find a reciept, and if you can't find a reciept, try to contact the store you purchased it from to see if they can print you a reciept. Next, try to find any pictures of the items that are missing. Try to find old pictures of your place and compare them to your place now to see if anything is out of place. A video is even better if you have one. Try to do things that you have done in the last 6 months as well. You will be forced to use things from around your place then, and can find out if they were stolen. You'd be surprised how many customers have found out that some items were missing from a theft 6 months after the fact. As for the actual corals you have lost from your tank, I would make a list of what you had. Some companies may cover this type of loss, and if they don't and want to question how much money you have in your marine equipment, you can show them how much the livestock was worth that the equipment was keeping alive. Lastly, I'd keep a notebook and pen with you at all times. That way, if you think of something that may be missing or they might have taken, you can write it down and check.
Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to write me.

Murminator
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Holy Shat that really sucks if they catch the hawkers can they be charged with animal cruelity also?

spikehs
01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I could spare a frag of green zoo's if you want em. Got them from golds and they grow really fast, so it would only make sense!

muck
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Dang, Albert.. thats horrible news. :sad:

I hope you find the punk(s) and karaoke their a##es..

Edit: or Karate.. whichever does more damage.

Phanman
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Freakin craptastic! thats horrible man.. sorry to hear about all that. If you need help you got my number. Hope you dont find anything else missing.....

fishoholic
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
How about those who wants to help voluntarily/willingly PayPal a few bucks to the man? Nothing special but 5-10 $ each would sure help right?
May be he won't be able to recover the price of the knives but least we can do is to show some support.

Funny, I was thinking of saying something like that but I see you beat me too it. Great idea, I would like to give some money to help out

albert_dao
01-16-2008, 05:02 PM

I appreciate the thought, but it's quite alright :)

I get all my fish stuff for near free, so it really wouldn't be ethical. Plus, it's all just stuff, the dog wasn't hurt and no one was home during the robbery.

But yeah, this is such a great community. You all have my utmost thanks!

Matt
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Your thieves, while undeniably idiots and remorseless vandals, have good taste in knives. I hope they cook with them, and not use them for chucking at trees before they pawn them for ten bucks.

albert_dao
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Your thieves, while undeniably idiots and remorseless vandals, have good taste in knives. I hope they cook with them, and not use them for chucking at trees before they pawn them for ten bucks.

I kinda hope they die... :P

Zylumn
01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :cry: That would be a personal nightmare for me, so I could only imagine what you are going through. Unfortunately in our society, we will only see this type of activity continue to grow unless we become more proactive as a society.
As for your insurance claim, I'd start to make a list of items missing now. For each item, try to find a reciept, and if you can't find a reciept, try to contact the store you purchased it from to see if they can print you a reciept. Next, try to find any pictures of the items that are missing. Try to find old pictures of your place and compare them to your place now to see if anything is out of place. A video is even better if you have one. Try to do things that you have done in the last 6 months as well. You will be forced to use things from around your place then, and can find out if they were stolen. You'd be surprised how many customers have found out that some items were missing from a theft 6 months after the fact. As for the actual corals you have lost from your tank, I would make a list of what you had. Some companies may cover this type of loss, and if they don't and want to question how much money you have in your marine equipment, you can show them how much the livestock was worth that the equipment was keeping alive. Lastly, I'd keep a notebook and pen with you at all times. That way, if you think of something that may be missing or they might have taken, you can write it down and check.
Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to write me.

Sorry to hear about your loss Albert. What Ponokareefer said is very important. It does not sound like a random break in especially in a 3 hour window. Take that pen and paper and write down every persons name that has been in your place in the last 3 - 4 months. Then cross off the names you and your room mate guarantee would not be involved. The names that are left at least 1 of those would have had something to do with it. Also check your local pawn shops for your knives and other fish stores to see if someone is trying to pawn your corals (not sure in reading this thread if they stolen or just died). I have been through this and similar things lately so Albert pm me if you need some advice or help when one name sticks out after all the others have been crossed out.
Kevin

ponokareefer
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Take that pen and paper and write down every persons name that has been in your place in the last 3 - 4 months. Then cross off the names you and your room mate guarantee would not be involved. The names that are left at least 1 of those would have had something to do with it. Also check your local pawn shops for your knives and other fish stores to see if someone is trying to pawn your corals (not sure in reading this thread if they stolen or just died). I have been through this and similar things lately so Albert pm me if you need some advice or help when one name sticks out after all the others have been crossed out.
Kevin

Isn't this a sad when the general public has to do the police work. I do agree with you Kevin that it would be a good idea to do it, because it will never get done otherwise, but what is wrong with this picture? I have a friend that is a RCMP officer, and they do not have time to do this type of thing, mainly because of all the work they have to do on our roads pulling over people breaking the law and assisting in car accidents. Wouldn't it be nice if the police could be spending more of their time dealing with break-ins, rather than having to spend so much time on our roads.

Pier Pressure
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Albert, I also am very sorry to hear that this happened. We got B&E'ed last year but at least I can say that they left the tanks alone.

The police said that they figured it was young kids because of the stuff they took, including DVD's, CD's, Rod's ENTIRE knife collection (approximately 50 pieces), jewellry, cold hard cash, etc. There were also many vandalism type damages.

I know how violated you must feel, and I too am willing to help out if you need anything.

fishoholic
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
FYI I was wondering if my insurance would cover my fish tank and contents if (heaven forbid) anything like this should happen to me. So I called them and I was relieved to find out that my insurance would cover the cost of everything, tank, lights, corals, LR, fish etc. Not sure if you have checked with your insurance company yet but hopefully they cover you for everything.

findingnemo1
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
FYI I was wondering if my insurance would cover my fish tank and contents if (heaven forbid) anything like this should happen to me. So I called them and I was relieved to find out that my insurance would cover the cost of everything, tank, lights, corals, LR, fish etc. Not sure if you have checked with your insurance company yet but hopefully they cover you for everything.

Hey can you pm me the name of your insurance company? Ours will only cover the damage of the water and thats it:)
I would like to have the whole thing covered by any means.

Thanks

Snappy
01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow Albert I just saw this thread as I am out of town. That is a terrible thing to happen. Really feel for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

sharuq1
01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Just saw this thread. You have my utmost sympathy and I hope the bastards die too. :2gunfire:

lastlight
01-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm sure Albert has some sort of webserver installed on his laptop that'll fire out a homing beacon or something =)

Crappy news man I hope you rebound in a hurry.

TC51
01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Albert man I am so sorry
This sounds a little personal to me to vindictively smash your tank like that maybe its someone that indirectly knows you and has a grudge against you or your roommate for some reason.
I am in with everyone else man if there is anything I can do just call I would like to give a little back to someone who has helped me in many ways.
Again I am so sorry this had to happen to a guy like you, or anyone for that matter
Tom.

Zoaelite
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Albert I'm so sorry for your loss bud it makes me sick that we have people like this on our streets :\. Now if we can just get all the coral stores in Calgary to keep an eye open for people trying to pawn mass amounts of corals.

(And im sure if we find the people a few curbstomping instances might occur :lol: )

Levi

albert_dao
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys.

Corals weren't stolen, just killed by exposure to air :)

Zoaelite
01-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys.

Corals weren't stolen, just killed by exposure to air :)

Thats even worse :\ So they just smashed the tank? Like took a chair to it or somthing?
Levi

bassman
01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey Albert, sorry to learn of your situation man, that really s*ucks!
What I wouldn't do to walk in on someone doing something like that.

As with everyone else I offer my condolences and my assistance in anyway that might help.

Stace

dunl
01-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Just tuning in man....pure shite.

Best of luck on recouping your losses, helps offered here too although I'm unsure of anything I can do from Sylvan.

Darcy

Edmonton Eskimo
01-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I was thinking about this today and something is very curious to me. You said that you had a set of kinives worth 2k right? Who would know to look for expensive knives? It sounds to me like it was someone that has been in your house before and knew what to look for. I used to be a chef so I would know an expensive set of knives when I saw one but most people wouldn't. Just a thought that occured to me. Oh ya, death to the tank smashing infidels!

i have crabs
01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
im thinking its a warning from the "over priced coral & fish coalition of calgary" which would be every other fish store, thier getting ****ed about reasonably priced goods

mseepman
01-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Hmm....scary but possibly true?

im thinking its a warning from the "over priced coral & fish coalition of calgary" which would be every other fish store, thier getting ****ed about reasonably priced goods

Delphinus
01-18-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry, but I think that is a kind of a dumb thing to say.

i have crabs
01-18-2008, 03:29 AM
oops sorry ill use the lets kick the ginsu out of the jerks joke then

im shure everyone knows im joking and dont think someone dug through alberts undies and smashed his tank just because he helps calgary load up with 25% savings

Pan
01-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm sorry, but I think that is a kind of a dumb thing to say.
Yep, you have now included innocent people in a crime without cause or justification. I'd say it was more than just dumb, even as a joke.
As to if it is someone who is known to Albert? hopefully it it was time will tell. As to 2k (i think that was the price i read in msg) knives being "known" Thieves, especially B&E thieves are oportunistic...ie smash (sorry) and grab. People wanteing specific items already known to them go in and get them they do not smash and take all kinds of random things. Pawn shops will be on the look out for knives like this after being contacted by police. I would suggest also looking on ebay from time to time.

Delphinus
01-18-2008, 03:41 AM
oops sorry ill use the lets kick the ginsu out of the jerks joke then

Now that's more like it! :razz:

im shure everyone knows im joking and dont think someone dug through alberts undies and smashed his tank just because he helps calgary load up with 25% savings

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so harsh but had a long craptastic day and was just in a foul mood. Let's not turn this into a "my favourite LFS versus your favourite LFS" thread. Let's face it, we're all in this hobby because we share common interests, LFS owners included :mrgreen:, let's focus on the positives. The thugs who did this to Albert and his roommate were low lifes, thugs, cretins who clearly have "issues".

erikages
01-18-2008, 04:11 AM
When I was a teenager, my family's house was broken into when we were all in the house! My mom's bedroom was on the main floor, and she though it was just me raiding the fridge. Then she wondered why I was using a flashlight.

Anyway, it happened twice. Different houses. Different neighbourhoods.

I've had alarm systems ever since. I'd recommend them -- not just for burglars, freaks and crazies (statistically it's getting less likely). There are other advantages. Central monitoring systems can now receive warnings about smoke, heat and flood (among other things). If they can't reach you immediately, they'll call the appropriate service, like the fire department. In the case of flood, I've got a flood sensor in my fish maintenance room, where the sump and most of the risky stuff for flooding is located. If a flood alert goes off, they'll call me or one of my reef buddies, who has access to the house if I'm gone.

I know this sounds expensive, but it's worth it for me. Some alarm companies will supply and install the bulk of the monitoring equipment for free on various contracts. One proviso, if you're thinking of this: check out LOCAL alarm companies; these are the ones that have local guards and local staff, rather than monitoring that's handled from god knows where.

I know this means nothing in the context of a smashed tank. But if theives have abused you once and they're not caught, they might come back once they think you've replaced everything through insurance. Who knows what these people think or how they behave, but get a good deadbolt at least.

How did they break in, btw?

:)

E

Delphinus
01-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Geez, that's scary.

One argument about the cost of an alarm service: it usually (always? not sure) results in a reduction in your household insurance. Not enough to completely balance it out, but hey it helps.

The large non-local companies still contract local guard services. Realistically, it doesn't matter where the monitoring is handled. But an alarm company wouldn't be worth their salt if they didn't have a local presence even if they're a huge multinational... :)

erikages
01-18-2008, 04:56 AM
The insurance discount isn't really a factor, unfortunately. I've found that I receive about a $40 discount. Harumph! Considering that modern alarm systems monitor and warn (centrally) smoke, heat, break-ins and other options (carbonmonox., flood, freeze and others), insurance companies might give folks a REAL discount that reflects whatever data they have. Discounts like safe driving. Grin.

Anyway, the system is worth it for me. Being broken into is the WORST feeling, aside from the tragedy of the vandalism that occured in this case. A real shame indeed -- and I'm using polite language.

fishoholic
01-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Hey can you pm me the name of your insurance company? Ours will only cover the damage of the water and thats it:)
I would like to have the whole thing covered by any means.

Thanks

I pm'd you but in case others were wondering I'm with Meloche Monnex and I have the "All perils on building and contents" up to a million dollars policy.

EmilyB
01-18-2008, 06:35 AM
You have a scent? I'll bring my German Shepherd over....:mrgreen:

i have crabs
01-18-2008, 01:04 PM

if they didnt steal his undies you might not get the scent you want. lol sorry albert it was to easy to pass up.
if your not using alarm force you wasting your money
really though thiers probably nothing you could do about it, if they wanted to rob you thiey where gonna do it,i was a past criminal and i know how this crap works, its almost never random, if the knives where gone almost for shure someone herd someone talkin and said hey i know where those guys live, probably a friend of a friend involved or somethin like that. as for the tank it was probably something that they seen and said who care not my shite

Murminator
01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
There seems to be a lot of pitbulls going cheaper in the paper now-a-days :mrgreen:

G1GY
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Geez, sorry to hear this Albert.:cry:

adidas
01-19-2008, 12:04 AM

you have a GS too eh? nice!

Zoaelite
01-19-2008, 01:15 AM
you have a GS too eh? nice!
I have 2 Lhasa apsos.... Not that good at smelling... or being ferocious... there good for begging... and farting... and being fat but I guess thats what Lhasa apsos do.

G1GY
01-19-2008, 03:53 AM
I have 2 Lhasa apsos.... Not that good at smelling... or being ferocious... there good for begging... and farting... and being fat but I guess thats what Lhasa apsos do.

They were used by monks in Tibet as alarm dogs at one point in time.

Tarolisol
01-19-2008, 05:53 AM
They were used by monks in Tibet as alarm dogs at one point in time.

My lahsa, back in the day, barked like crazy at anything new or approching the house. Maybe albert shoud invest in one.

Sorry to here about the house. People in Calgary have started to disgust me.

OCDP
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Man Albert, so sorry to hear about all of this. Geez, that's scary stuff. I am glad no one was home though, and your all safe. Again, so sorry to hear this has happened.

adidas
01-20-2008, 01:11 AM
should post pics Albert, once you've got everything takin care of.

albert_dao
01-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Can't ATM, no camera cable. They took that too :(

banditpowdercoat
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Can't ATM, no camera cable. They took that too :(

Damn theves they got lots of brains. Once got my place broken into, they stole the DVD player and every remote in the house. Still getting off the couch to turn the 51" big screen on/off LMAO

adidas
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Damn theves they got lots of brains. Once got my place broken into, they stole the DVD player and every remote in the house. Still getting off the couch to turn the 51" big screen on/off LMAO

LOL dirty thieves!

pandafishowner
01-20-2008, 08:25 PM

LOL! go spend $15 on a new *universal* remote :lol: :razz:

Floop70
01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Put out the money for a Logitech Harmony 880... it'll replace every remote in your house. If you watch the Dell.ca site they occasionally go on sale for $129, or I saw them at Costco for $169 last week.

Delphinus
01-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Great remote :) Basically a little PC with an infrared emitter! :lol:

BCOrchidGuy
01-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Albert I'm really sorry to hear about the break in etc... Hope everything works out.

Doug

TANGOMAN
01-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Albert, I will echo many by saying how sorry I am to hear this. I know everyone will agree when I say "take my stuff but leave that which you cannot take with you". Insured or not, and regardless of the financial compensation, nothing will replace the feelings of being violated as you have. Nothing can replace that. Theft really ****es me off, but vandalism just makes me sick!
As mentioned, our society is deteriorating rapidly and we must all take actions to protect ourselves. I no longer trust anyone who comes to my home if I'm selling privately. It's saddens me to think if a fellow reefer is coming over to buy some stuff I have an inherant fear they're "scoping my place out". I no longer ask fellow reefers if I can come in and see their tank as I realize they may share this mis-trust. It's a caution that borders on paranoia and it really sucks!
All I can offer is encouragement as you pick up the pieces and move forward and you know I am one of VERY MANY who are thinking of you right now.

Far be it for me not to try and see the "lighter side" of things once in a while and encourage laughter, I recomend you gather receipts from competitors in your industry. You might end up payin' the insurance co. just cause' you're takin' home a deal that was just too good...

All the best my friend!

Delphinus
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Hmm .. interesting. I've gotten that feeling before too, but you know what, I'm still going to try to trust people. And I'll still ask to see tanks ... because *I* know I'm not scoping out the place, and the only way to win trust from others is to earn it, and the only way I can demonstrate that is by just doing it.

I dunno... life in Calgary has changed a little in the last few years. Having been born here and lived my whole life here so far, I think that puts me in something of a minority and I think it gives me some authority on the subject of "it's not quite the same as it was a few years ago." I dunno, there are still benefits to living here though (I have to keep telling myself this, anyhow..)