PDA

View Full Version : Ich kills

Telford
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
I previously posted about my blue regal with a severe case of ich. My royal gramma got some as well. The regal was looking better, a lot less spots, swimming around, eating regularly. The gramma had 'only' about 6 spots. I woke up today... BOTH DEAD!

I can't attribute their demise to anything else... all my water parameters are perfect. O ammonia, O nitrates, 1.023 Salinity, 78F temperature.

michika
01-15-2008, 11:03 PM
From your signature it says your system was set up in December, how about some details about it? Do you have any photos of the spots?

Myka
01-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Are you new to saltwater/reef? If you need a hand with anything I'm in Kelowna as well, and would be happy to lend some knowledge.

Telford
01-16-2008, 04:52 AM
It's hard to get the fish to sit still long enough to get the camera to focus for a closeup of the spots. My yellow tang is now covered in it and i've had him for over a month with never a sign of anything.

Myka...thanks for the offer. I could use all the help i can get. I'm just learning it by reading on the net etc. It's my first time setting up a salt water tank.

I started the tank on Nov. 16th with Sand and Live Rock...I still have 2 scooter bleenies, yellow tang and about 15 hermits

michika
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
1st step would be to sure its ich. Head on over to wetwebmedia.com and look over the photos they have (just google ich in marine fish from the main page).
2nd, if it is ich you have a few options, a) feed garlic enriched foods, b) Quarentine your fish, do a hyposalinity treatment (only on fish, no inverts), c) do nothing