PDA

View Full Version : powerbar

bv_reefer
01-15-2008, 03:25 AM
i got a bit of water in my power bar which had everyting connected to it. so i quickly unplugged it, shook it out, and dryed all the power outlets with a blow dryer, but i'm still nervous about plugging it in, so anyone have any suggestions, think it's ok or fried? i'm gonna leave it overnight to dry even more, i'm ok for now i have everything hooked up to an extension cord with three outlets so everythings on but my flow.

fishytime
01-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Everthing BUT flow.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Good gawd man, unplug the light and get your flow going!!!! Plug that hair drier into the power bar to check it out. I did the same thing once...even saw steam or smoke...whichever it was. Let it dry in the sun( was REALLY hot that day and plugged it in and it was fine.

christyf5
01-15-2008, 03:59 AM
Get your flow and your heater plugged in until you can get another powerbar or get that one working. Flow is hugely important. Sacrifice your skimmer if you have to.

Likely your powerbar is fine, let it dry out for a day or two. If you're that worried about it just buy another one, they're relatively cheap. I've gone through quite a few.

Mik_101
01-15-2008, 04:04 AM
that sucks..harsh.

bv_reefer
01-15-2008, 04:21 AM
o man i have everything in but the FLOW:eek: well i'll kill the lights or filter in an hour or two and get that flow plugged in! by the way why is flow one of the things that HAS to be on?

Static
01-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Water flow is how your corals breath. Without fresh oxygenated water flowing over the corals constantly it's like they are holding their breath.

bv_reefer
01-15-2008, 04:32 AM
ok well flows on and running, and i mounted the powerbar on the wall this time!

banditpowdercoat
01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Powerbar will be fine. I've ran them under water before. No, not fro the fishtank, but outside. Nothing in a power bar to screw up, and a little water is not going to short it out. Just dry it overnight and youll be fine

BTW, I am an electrician, so I speak with experience

fencer
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Before you kill yourself get a GFI power bar(RONA) or a GFI plug outlet put in

bv_reefer
01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
ok thanks alot guys, i'll look into that GFI powerbar at rona like you said fencer, i figured it would be fine too