PDA

View Full Version : 10g low-budget diy nano reef

Nevin
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone,

This thread is to document the construction of my 10g reef, which will be my first attempt at a marine tank. I would greatly appreciate any advice as I go. My plans so far:

I am using a standard 20" 10g tank, in which I have built a small "sump" area to hide a powerhead, heater, filter intakes, etc. I'll attach a few pictures.

For filtration, I have modified an Aquaclear 70 as a refugium to hold some chaeto and a little live rock. The "sump" and display will have more live rock. I plan to add a Taam Rio nano skimmer as well and can add filtration media there if needed.

For flow, I have a powerhead with the outlet split in two, plus the AC70 (will modify impeller to reduce flow) and the skimmer. Water will be pumped out of the "sump" into the display area, then overflow back in, so the water level in the display will remain constant. Hope all the pouring water won't be too noisy. I'm almost ready to put in some water and see what the flow is like.

Lighting will be a Coralife 65w PC 50/50 and a lunar LED.

I'm not sure about the livestock yet, but will probably start with a clownfish and a few easy-to-keep corals.

I won't be doing much with this in the next week or so as I'll be out of town, but initial suggestions would be good. When I get it going, I'll be looking for small quantities of live rock, sand, chaeto and coral frags if anyone has some on offer in the Vancouver area.

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
It took a while, but I'm finally starting to get going on this. So far 125 people have viewed this without a response, which must mean I haven't committed any obvious stupidities so far....

I put in some water and the flow seems good. I think I have an AC20 impeller on the refugium right now. Flow from the Aquaclear is released onto the surface without a drop, due to the constant, high water level, but the powerhead helps to mix things up a bit.

I picked up sand from 3littlebears and chaeto, salt and hydrometer from Tang Daddy yesterday (Thanks!). Mixed up some salt water (SG about 1.022, will raise to 1.024). A clamp-on incandescent plant light is providing light and heat (temp about 24C)--the 65w PC might be overkill at this point.

I hope to pick up a few pounds of live rock today and test the water. I have only a cheap Hagen test kit (PH, nitrite, ammonia, GH/KH), so I suppose I'll have to buy something at least for nitrates.

LeeR
02-01-2008, 01:27 AM
looks solid. You might want to put something like eggcrate on the overflow so snail and fish cant get in there.

Nevin
02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks, I might--I'll see if it becomes a problem when I get livestock in.

Added 2 pounds of live rock to help get the cycle going. So far I've seen 1 snail, 1 grey thing that crawls around at night (forget what these are called?), and what appears to be a tiny polyp of coral (a stalk with little wavy "tentacles" at the end).

No algae yet.

How much/how frequent water changes should I do during the cycle?

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Nitrite 0
Ammonia c. 1 mg/L (between .6 and 1.2 on my Hagen test kit)

Still no nitrate test kit.

Boomboy
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
you have a little bit of ammonia thats good, that means your cycle is starting you know when you can add you cuc when diatoms show up, then the fish. definantly get a nitrate test, cause even when you see diatoms its still good to test, and if you plan on putting more live rock in you might want to do it now, or you will have to cycle them in another container, need at least 10 pounds in a 10g. ive got a 20H and i have 25 pounds. very smart with using the ac as a pump to pump out the water from your over flow. i had the same idea. wanting to build a 10g AIO. Looks good and dont forget the pics.

Nevin
02-06-2008, 04:33 AM
An interesting development:

My "coral" is now 3 (2 more were poking out from under the rock, so I turned it over) and they're moving around--one crawled across the sand and partway up the partition. Are these baby anenomes? I'll try to attach a photo.

Any help with identification and advice on care and feeding would be appreciated. I gave them all some crumbled flake food tonight and they grabbed it and held it for a while--hope they ate it. One is pale and hiding in a crevice, the others are brown to red. I hope they can survive the cycle--the rock was probably already cured and the sand may have been cycled (not sure about the storage) so I hope it will be a mild one.

I hope to move the tank within a few days and put on a 65w PC light--currently it has a 70w incandescent 6700k plant light.

Full tank shot:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06937.jpg

Occupant:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06939_2.jpg

Regards,
Nevin

tang daddy
02-06-2008, 04:44 AM
looks good so far and yea you should add some more lr, leave the WC for a few weeks it'll be fine also give the sand a good rinse and put it in. After 2 weeks you can do a 15% WC if you want but with no fish in there I would sooner leave for a month just top up everyday, in a 10g you will have to.
Mine seemed to evaporate really fast but it was an open top and just an ac mini the turbulence waterfall effect seemed to cause mass evaporation.

With the sand the little pods will seed well and in a few months you will have lots.

hillbillyreefer
02-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I hate to tell you this but that anemone looks like aiptasia. They are generally considered a pest and are hunted to extinction in most hobbiest's tanks. They multiply rapidly and take over the tank. I hope I'm wrong!! I was excited to see them in my first tank too, but have subsequently destroyed them.

Bra

X-Treme
02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but........ That inhabitant that you have that you are so excited about......... It's aiptasia. NOT a good thing. You are gonna wanna get rid of it asap if you plan on keeping corals. Sorry dude.

Nevin
02-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Should have known any luck I'd have wouldn't be the good kind...

What's the best course of action? Is Joe's Juice pretty reliable? I'm not very heavily invested in this tank, so I could dump the sand, boil the rock and leave the tank dry for a month if that's the only sure way to do it.

Thanks,
Nevin

hillbillyreefer
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I tried vinegar, not much success. Never tried Joe's Juice. I wanted a couple shrimp anyway so I bought peppermint shrimp. They didn't touch it for a couple weeks then one day they went ballistic on it and haven't seen an aiptasia since.

HTH
Brad

tranvictor
02-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I found a syringe with boiling hot water works great. If you miss the aptasia itself, you can still shoot the boiling water into the hole that the anemone retracted into, it'll boil the sucker in its hidey hole.

Nevin
02-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I boiled the rock that 2 of them were sitting on, and squirted the remaining 1 with vinegar. It's still retracted several hours later, so I hope it worked.

Rather than starting from scratch, I'm thinking to just watch for new ones for a good long time before putting anything else in. Is this a safe option? I don't know what the life cycle of aiptasia is like and would hate to see it pop up later after I put in corals.

Thanks,
Nevin

Nevin
02-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Nitrite .2 mg/L
Ammonia 1.2-2.4 mg/L

Brown diatoms on the sand and glass--pretty mild so far compared to the algae I've grown in my freshwater tanks.

Added 1 cup live sand from another source 2 days ago to seed mine. Added 8 lbs. live rock tonight for a total of 10--7 lb. of it was in a big square block that I got cheap and split in half. Might reduce some of it to rubble for the refugium.

I like the design of the tank so far--it's nice to have the fluctuations in water level limited to the sump area, though it might cause problems for a protein skimmer if it is sensitive to variation in water level. Does anyone know how much of a problem this is with the Rio nano skimmer? Evaporation seems high to me--about 1 litre per week.

Any advice more than welcome...

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
02-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh yeah,

Seems the aiptasia didn't appreciate the gourmet white wine vinegar I fed them as I haven't seen a sign of them since....

Nevin
02-16-2008, 06:38 AM
nitrite 0-0.1 mg/L
ammonia 1.2 mg/L

More brown diatoms growing. 10% water change and threw in a bag of carbon today.

There's some interesting life on my new live rock. I'm a little suspicious of it after the aiptasia experience, but I think it's good. There are lots of things that look like long brown turds littering the rocks, with "flower" heads emerging from some--guessing featherdusters? Also some stripey tentacles emerging from a hole--brittle star?

This picture shows what I think might be featherdusters:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06949.jpg

That's all for now. Any advice appreciated as always!

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
02-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Got a Rio nano skimmer today. I can't run it out of the sump area as planned as it needs a stable, high water level. Too early to say how it will work--after a few hours, lots of bubbles in the tank and white foam starting to rise up the neck.

Should I scrape the brown diatoms off the glass or just leave it? There are lots of little "bugs" (pods?) feeding on it.

Whatever the two kinds of creatures are on my rock that I mentioned, I seem to have lots of both.

Black Phantom
02-19-2008, 07:43 PM
The stripey tentacled thingy is probably Spagetti worms which are fine in your tank. Can't really tell from the picture what the others are.

christyf5
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks to be a cross between a spaghetti worm and feather dusters (with tubes) its hard to tell, they blend in pretty well. Either way, both are good for the tank :)

IMO, I'd leave the stuff on the glass for the pods to eat, it will only help your pod population. Scrap it off when it becomes too annoying for you but leave it if you don't mind it.

Nevin
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the ID--I'll try to get a picture of the other ones soon, but the tentacles are very slim, so hard to capture on my not-so-great camera.

The brown diatoms have died down somewhat, starting to be replaced by green algae. I didn't see a lot of pods on the glass and wanted to "feed" my new skimmer, so I scraped it off today.

I haven't been able to get the foam to climb more than halfway up the tube in the Rio, but I suppose I just need to be patient and keep fiddling with it. My water level is stable, so I hope it will stay adjusted once I get it right.

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
02-21-2008, 02:52 AM
0 mg/L nitrite
0.6 mg/L ammonia
8.5 ph
9 dkh

First time to test kh. It's much higher than my freshwater tanks have ever been--guess the sand and rock buffer it? I don't know what a desirable ph is for saltwater either.

Everything is looking good--no algae at the moment and I've finally got some foam coming out the neck of the skimmer, though nothing falling in the cup yet.

prosnow
02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
so thats just acrylic siliconed in?

Nevin
02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes, I just cut up some acrylic and stuck it in. Works well, looks alright, and far cheaper than an "all-in-one".

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi all,

I've been keeping an eye on several varieties of algae that came with one of my rocks. I'd be much obliged if anyone can help me ID them, or at least tell me whether they're likely to become "pests" and overgrow everything. Number 1 are red stalks about 1/4" long.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/algae1.jpg

Numbers 2-5 are easier to see. 2 and 4 might be the same.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/algae2.jpg

I could probably start adding a cleanup crew at this point, if anyone has snails/hermits available for cheap?

Thanks,
Nevin

Nevin
03-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Up to now I haven't thought much about what kind of livestock. In addition to corals, I'd like to have a shrimp or two and a small clownfish. Would a bangaii cardinal fit in with these in a 10G? I've seen minimum tank sizes of anywhere from 7-20G. I know clownfish are territorial, so thinking they might not get along in a small tank?

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
03-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Haven't updated in a while as I'm just letting the tank mature and building a stand.

Added two little zoa colonies and a tiny mushroom. Took out my bumble bee snail as it was eying the zoas.

Still looking for opinions on whether a bangaii cardinal is ok in a 10g tank and compatible with a clown.

I'll probably start adding my cleanup crew soon. I'm thinking of starting with J&L's standard 5-10g package: http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/category-info.php?category_ID=250 -- wonder if I should substitute a couple of nassarius snails to clean the sandbed? Are the blue legged and red scarlet hermits safe with corals and zoas?

Any advice most welcome.

Regards,
Nevin

ElGuappo
03-08-2008, 07:00 AM
i have some blue legged nd scarlett,hermits they seem to leave all my coral alone. so does my sally lightfoot. and my porcelins.

Nevin
03-13-2008, 06:34 AM
I haven't posted pictures mostly because there hasn't been much to see. Now that there's some life in the tank that's big enough to photograph, here they are! The lighting is still 6700k, so it's very yellow. I went with J & L's package no. 1 for the cleanup crew, plus I have a few small zoas and mushrooms. My wife bought a moon coral, which seems happy after a few days (at least it looks the same as it did in the store) and seems to be finding some food. I'll probably get a little mysis to make sure it's well-fed.

I felt a little bad about turning on the lights at night to take pictures--pods were running for cover and a hermit was so surprised it fell off a rock!

Full tank:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06972.jpg

Top view:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06973.jpg

Moon coral:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06970.jpg

Zoas:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06971.jpg

I bought a mini coralife fixture to put on the AC70 refugium so I can put the chaeto inside--just need to find the best way to secure it.

The Rio is generating some "green tea" skimmate--adequate for my purposes and good for the price. It loses its syphon once in a while--I think it's because the tank is on a shaky table and the water sloshes around when people walk by.

I'm very happy with my progress on the stands for this and my freshwater planted tank. I'm ready to stain and varnish the pedestals and hope to post finished pictures soon.

Regards,
Nevin

hillbillyreefer
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Looks good Nevin. That 6700k bulb would drive me nuts though, it may also contribute to an algae problem.

Nevin
03-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I don't like the 6700k light either, but have chosen to spend my money on other things so far. I had planned on just getting a 50/50 bulb, but I'm a little worried that the corals will have less usable light. My understanding is that the actinic light is not very useful to corals and is mainly just for viewing, no? Perhaps just a 10000k without actinic would be better?

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
I picked up some more zoas and mushrooms, as well as some digitata, from Seahorse Fanatic (Thanks!), so time to update photos.

I'm not too happy with the overall look of things. At this point it's more of a frag tank than a display. But it's a good learning experience and I think it could look quite nice once I grow out the frags and get a few nicer pieces of rock.

Everything seems to be doing well. The digitata are a little pale, probably from moving to a new home with less light, but getting some color back at the tips.

Full tank:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06976.jpg

New zoas (I like these a lot!):

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06979.jpg

Mushroom collection:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06980.jpg

That's all for now. Any advice welcome as always...

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
03-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Added 5 more blue legged hermits today as the first five have been earning their keep so far. I also bought a couple pounds of nice Tonga rock so I can hide some of the uglier pieces I'm using now. The rock is smelly enough that I thought I'd best cure--at least for a week or two--even for this small quantity. I thought some here might get a kick out of my large-scale, high-tech rock curing operation:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06983.jpg

My moon coral and zoas got some minced scallop today, which they seemed to like. I bought some frozen brine shrimp to feed them once in a while--they need to beef up considerably to fill this tank.

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
03-21-2008, 09:56 PM
A couple more pics of progress on the stand.

The base and doors (second door is for another stand) after staining:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06989.jpg

The top after gluing:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC06987.jpg

The top is built like a tray to hide the base of the aquarium and catch small spills. I'll silicone the inside of the tray and of the base, in case it has a sump in it someday.

Perhaps it doesn't make sense to build custom stands for my small, cheap tanks. There is room for expansion, though. The two stands could easily be two pedestals to support a 48" 50G tank, with a small sump in one and electrical in the other.

Everything is oak. I'll note here for my own future reference that I'm finishing with Minwax "red oak" and Circa 1850 antique paste varnish.

Regards,
Nevin

tang daddy
03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Nevin looks good so far!

Fish wise go with a few gobies you could put a bangai but long term they do get big, on the other hand gobies stay relatively small varying on species. I especially like the shrimp gobies they hide in a hole in the sand and you can get a pistol shrimp for a partner. They go hand in hand and have a good partnership, the shrimp relies on the fish to keep a lookout it does this by using it's antenae and rests it on the fish like the blind use a stick to feel. If the fish senses danger it whips it's tail and dorsal fin the shrimp retreats into the hole. The shrimp in turn is the builder it digs tunnels in the rock and sand. Currently I have 8 different gobies in my tank, as you can see I'm a big fan of them and have three pistol shrimp 1 of them has paired up together the other two are still looking for their mate as my tank is big it may take awhile for them to find eachother. They prefer to have sand but with alot of flow in my tank barebottom is the way to go. This is no problem for the pair the shrimp has made a tunnel in one of the rock structure and is quite the busybody as it collects pieces of rock shells and other bits and pieces to place at the door step so no one can go in. When it decides to take a break from it's daily mining th shrimp simply moves some of the rubble and chills with the orange striped goby. I can't wait for the red wheeler goby to pair up with a new blue pistol I picked up a few weeks ago.

Anyhow I won't bore you with the love fiasco happening in my tank just thought I would share a little of my happiness.

I didn't know you were somewhat of a carpenter kudos on the tank stand maybe we could do a trade you help me ramp up my stand and make it more eye freindly and I could help you out with some livestock ie corals good tips and whatever else let me know cheers Chris.

Nevin
03-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks Chris! I've seen shrimp gobies and liked them a lot, but never really looked into them for my tank. I notice J&L charges twice as much for a shrimp goby/pistol shrimp pair as they do to buy the fish and shrimp separately. Is it difficult to get them to pair up or something? My daughter wants a clownfish (I like them too)--would it likely get along with the goby in a small tank?

We could talk about the stand when I'm done with mine. I'm not sure it would work, though, as I don't have space to work on something that size (I work on the balcony of our condo) and I work very slowly, grabbing little bits of time wherever I can...

The zoas you gave me are doing fine, but the ones I got from Anthony (picture above) closed up after a few days. Are there any issues with compatibility between different types of zoas (or the mushrooms and moon coral possibly) or is it more likely a problem with the placement and parameters in my tank?

Regards,
Nevin

tang daddy
03-23-2008, 02:37 AM
I've bought them seperate because of the same thing was at jl today and picked up another pistol shrimp which makes it the forth one, usually they are not picky. IMO the orange spotted goby with a little purple in them are the easiest to pair up with the pistol. In a small tank they will easily find each other!

If you get a clown get a true perc although the false is ok as well, just make sure not to get a black or maroon as these are very agressive, get quite large and territorial as well.

Zoas are compatible with any other corals and sometimes may stay closed for awhile. There are pests like nudi's,worms and other types that bother and sometimes eat the zoa from inside out. It's a good idea to dip your zoa in fresh warm water for a few minutes before putting it in your tank regardless of the source, trust no one and it's good practise to dip any corals before introducing them into your tank technically speaking from experience. It's usually a dead give away if the zoas are spewing brown stuff and dissapearing 1 at a time that there are pests involved.

As you saw from the last time you were here the stand is built but not finished, I would like to put doors that open on them and seeing that you did a good job thought it was possible. I'm in no rush for that take a year to do it, no worries.

tang daddy
03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
also I wanted to add that zoas are the only type that can take a freshwater dip don't try it with any other types of coral!

Nevin
04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Too long without an update, though I've had a few other threads going with specific questions. My purple zoas never did open, and today I took them out--starting to turn brown and fall off, hermits moved in to finish it off. I still don't know why. No visible signs that they were being eaten. Other zoas are still doing okay. Took out the dead digitata frag with the majano on it too--hopefully all the majanos are out now.

I finally got a coralife 50/50 bulb to replace the 6700k. I find it too blue, but it might be better with different coloured corals in the tank. I'll have pics up soon now that I have nicer lighting and nicer rock ready to go in. I just have to move everything onto the new stand and redo the aquascaping first...

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
04-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I've been waiting to update because I have a lot of changes planned, but I decided I should document where it's at now. I bought a Koralia Nano, which has greatly improved circulation--so much so that the sand is migrating toward the back of the tank. Now that the powerhead in the "sump" section is redundant, I am reconsidering the layout. Having a separate "sump" area probably increases evaporation from the water flowing over the divider. The purposes it serves right now are to maintain a constant water level and hide the heater and aquaclear intake.

The stand is essentially finished. Solid oak and oak plywood throughout. I made a matching one for my wife's 20G FW planted, so our living room is looking much better. I still need to caulk the inside, clean up the electrical, etc. No sump for now, though I have some ideas on how to do it. For now I'll just have a standard 5.5G tank inside the stand for mixing and storing saltwater.

Here's the pictures:

Full tank
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07086.jpg

Right side
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07088.jpg

Left side
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07089.jpg

Full tank with new stand
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07092.jpg

Right side mushrooms and macro
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07093.jpg

Centre zoas and moon coral
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07094.jpg

Left side digitata
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07095.jpg

That's all for now.

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
04-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Just finished a long evening of picking up and cleaning a carload of stuff I picked up from someone who was shutting down his tank. As a result, this 10G tank won't be around much longer. I think I won't be giving away too much to say that the next one will be 20-25 gallons, have a 5.5G refugium/sump, 175W halide lighting and a basic wavemaker. New livestock includes a clownfish, tiny red goby, urchin and a large brittle star.

Perhaps most important of my new acquisitions was a humble hydrometer. While the old one was consistent, it reads about .005 lower than the new one, so it seems my SG has been around 1.030 from the start! I hope this explains why I have not been very successful with corals.

So, at present I'm left with 3 tanks running (my 10G, 5.5G with new livestock in bathroom, 25G with new LR in bedroom) while I gradually adjust the salinity. The new rock has some caulerpa here and there--will I regret it if I introduce this into my tank?

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I'll try this again... I posted here last night and my thread was bumped up but the new posting isn't there!

[stuff deleted--previous post finally showed up]

Nevin
05-10-2008, 06:27 AM
A cute picture of my urchin. Usually it drags around macroalgae, shells or the odd snail... Today it twice picked up a rock covered with zoas.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07267.jpg

I'll be mostly updating my new (and much more exciting) build thread, here:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41733

When that build is complete, this one will be taken down.

Regards,
Nevin

Nevin
06-04-2008, 05:33 AM
New pics as I get ready to transfer to the new tank.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07559.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07565.jpg

Regards,
Nevin

Keri
06-04-2008, 05:42 AM
. The new rock has some caulerpa here and there--will I regret it if I introduce this into my tank?

Maybe...but the urchin may take care of it for you. If you're worried I'd scrub that rock...but me'n caulerpa aren't friends ;)

superduperwesman
08-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I've been waiting to update because I have a lot of changes planned, but I decided I should document where it's at now. I bought a Koralia Nano, which has greatly improved circulation--so much so that the sand is migrating toward the back of the tank. Now that the powerhead in the "sump" section is redundant, I am reconsidering the layout. Having a separate "sump" area probably increases evaporation from the water flowing over the divider. The purposes it serves right now are to maintain a constant water level and hide the heater and aquaclear intake.

The stand is essentially finished. Solid oak and oak plywood throughout. I made a matching one for my wife's 20G FW planted, so our living room is looking much better. I still need to caulk the inside, clean up the electrical, etc. No sump for now, though I have some ideas on how to do it. For now I'll just have a standard 5.5G tank inside the stand for mixing and storing saltwater.

Here's the pictures:

Full tank with new stand
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj151/nmassing/DSC07092.jpg

That's all for now.

Regards,
Nevin

Yeah BABY door :razz:

I still haven't got to the last page but looking good so far... continuing...

superduperwesman
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Cool tank keep us posted

bignose
09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
nice tank