PDA

View Full Version : Nassarius snail help!

fishoholic
01-14-2008, 05:19 AM
My nassarius snails are missing most of their tube-like siphons. They are still slowly moving about the tank but I'm wondering if they will be ok without their tube-like siphon. I think that my CBB ate the tube part on them thinking it was a worm or something, this is just my best guess as to what could of happened. Is this very bad? Anyone know if they'll be ok long term without it? Thanks Laurie. I should add that they do have a little bit of a stub left, but it looks a lot smaller then it did.

fencer
01-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Should be okay if they are not picked on...might want to move them to your sump tank for a while

fishoholic
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Should be okay if they are not picked on...might want to move them to your sump tank for a while

Good idea in theory, but we have a mantis in our sump, so that won't work so well. I've haven't seen anyone go after these snails, it just seems strange that their tubes seem smaller then they used to be. Is it possible for the tubes to shrink? Seems unlikely but I don't know what the answer could be.

howdy20012002
01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
are u sure that they are nassarius.
there is a cone snail that when smaller looks like nassarius without the tube.
Neal

fishoholic
01-14-2008, 07:10 PM
are u sure that they are nassarius.
there is a cone snail that when smaller looks like nassarius without the tube.
Neal

Good to know. I know we have nassarius snails in the tank but they usually hide so it's very possible that it's some sort of cone snail and not our nassarius snails. Thanks Neal.