PDA

View Full Version : South Cariboo members??

banditpowdercoat
01-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Any others here from the South cariboo? 100 Mile or area?

iansfishy
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
how about williams lake? ive been trying to get people together just to make shipping and "frag swaps" a little easier. give me a shout 392-1165

banditpowdercoat
01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Not close for frags yet, but when I am, for sure. Or even other shipments. I will be making a JL order in a month maybe. LR Sand Salt, all that jaz.

iansfishy
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
we go to the coast alot so its easier when we can get a group thing together to make purchases, or have people pick stuff up for you and others who need stuff picked up. ive been trying to get people together for a while but there isnt alot of tanks in this area

banditpowdercoat
01-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Cool, its even better if you go to the coast. Next time your going, let me know, meet ya in Tim Horton's or something. Is there many SW tanks in WL? I know the Total Pet has a SW tank, but they don't seem that knowledgeable there about it/ Thats where I got my 45g corner tank from too. Wasn't impressed after dropping $1k there and they just seemed to shoo me outa the store after.

iansfishy
01-21-2008, 01:14 AM
ya they mean well but are pretty hesitant to give you any thing but their ideas and that is that. there are maybe 10 -15 tanks in WL. between myself and our friends that got us in to the hobby we have six so i guess there may be more. talk to jen at total pet. she is pretty new but really wants to learn and is willing to help. they special order stuff for me so if you need something quick let me know.

tgoeujon
01-21-2008, 01:39 AM
is there actually people doing any fragging in the south cariboo? im down in clinton and would really be interested if theres people in the area. i was starting to think i was the only one

argan
01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm here in kamloops, nothing in my tank to frag yet, but i would be interested in group coral orders in the future.

whatcaneyedo
01-22-2008, 03:08 AM
There are a handfull of us in Prince George... but I guess thats a little too north.

wolf_bluejay
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
I'm yet another one in Kamloops. I don't have much for frags, but I do cut things up once in a while for a friend. My coral shopping is on hold as I am setting up the new 210G to replace my current 90G (wife won't let me spend till the final bill is in). I have a friend (reefer also) moving to Clinton in the next month, so I'll be taking the occasional "frag trip" anyways. Say, anyone feel like helping out on a 125G move? :)

tgoeujon
01-22-2008, 04:14 AM
moving to clinton with an established tank might be difficult unless your friend imports his water. but that means that there will be 2 of us anyway.

tgoeujon
01-22-2008, 04:15 AM
how much help is needed and when

wolf_bluejay
01-22-2008, 04:22 AM
Well, kind of an established tank. He has a 75G that is running and the 125G that was going to be setup before the decision to move. So the plan so far is to put in the 125G and get it running, and then move everthing over and part out the 75G. From what I know he will be on well water, so a RO/DI is going to be needed. It is not a well planned mvoe yet. He was trying to figure out if he was going to stay in the hobby or not.
If he doesn't setup the RO, he is just going to bring in the water all the time as he is a long haul driver. But that is probably more of a pain than just setting up the RO system.
The last time he moved, I have a 50G with all of his livestock stuffed into my basement while he got the tank moved and setup. At lesat this time he has an empty tank to move ahead of time.

tgoeujon
01-22-2008, 04:26 AM
has your friend been running reefs long term. if so give him my email tgoeujon@hotmail.com ive had mine going for a year but have been working in the dark since there are no other reefs in clinton and pet stores can only be so helpful. it would be kinda nice if an experienced person came into the area advice wise

wolf_bluejay
01-22-2008, 04:35 AM
I'll pass the info on. He has only been running a reef for about 2 years now, but is doing a pretty good job of it. I think he'll be happy to have another reefer kicking around as well. So far the move is quite a rush job. IE: They talk about moving, wife says "honey, I've sold our house, so let's get a move on finding a new place". As he works a lot, He is going to moving over a weekend, when he finds a place. I'll probably be helping just to move the tank, as he'll be busy with the rest of the move.

iansfishy
01-23-2008, 03:20 AM
what ? no saltwater store at the sears outlet / ordering building? sorry couldnt resist!!

tgoeujon
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM
the sears outlet is gone but thanx anyway lol.

tgoeujon
04-12-2008, 08:47 PM
anyone got any frags in the area?

iansfishy
04-13-2008, 04:52 AM
just took a bunch down to the coast. I have left -- purple birdsnest, anthelia, a cool purple pocillapora and green star polyps. trying to frag my giant frogspawn right now but its not cooperating. I have a feeling someone in the area might be having a pretty large tank sale in a bit!----- Thats a killer when people dont give ya all the details eh!

tgoeujon
04-13-2008, 07:50 AM
id be interested in the gsp and the anthelia. where are you located?

banditpowdercoat
04-13-2008, 02:52 PM
A Tank sale Huh :D

iansfishy
04-13-2008, 11:03 PM
How about a trade for some corals. i would hate to sell someone anthelia! Let me know. Thanks

tgoeujon
04-14-2008, 04:42 AM
i have nothin ready to frag yet. but when i do ill let you know