PDA

View Full Version : Reefing Club?

JPeach
01-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Is there an actually Calgary Reefing club? or just this forum?

Is there anything like a calgary frag swap / sale thing?

fishytime
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I hosted a frag swap last summer. Was thinking bout doing another one in the spring. Was a good time. Got to meet a few people, and put some faces to some of the names here.Not to mention got a few nice corals. Golds antied up and donated a couple door prizes. I found out later that had I solicited Elite and Red Coral they would have donated too. My living arrangements may be changing soon so might not be able to do it in the spring. Hope I can do it again. It deffinately would be good if more peeps would be into hosting. I think it would be good for the whole Calgary reefing community. As for the reef club...Im not sure...if there is I dont know about it yet.

danny zubot
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Every once in a while someone will inquire about an official Calgary Reef Keepers club. The answer is no, there isn't one. A couple of years ago some people were exploring what it would take to get one up and running, and I think the general consenses was that there is way too much burocracy involved.

I think we get by just fine with the occasional frag swap. They are great for trading and networking and social "put a face to the name" type gathering.

So who's volunteering to host the next one?:biggrin:

Finaddict
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
i might host one in the spring- april-
once reno's are done...

since we have 3 salt tanks, 4 fresh...

danny zubot
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Definatley lots to see at your place Connie.:razz:

JPeach
01-11-2008, 03:33 AM