PDA

View Full Version : (Sold) FS - 14" Odyssea HOB Refugium

FBNitro
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
This item has been sold.

When I bought this refugium I didn't realize how big it actually was. I put it on my tank and tried it out, but it's just too big (and heavy) for a 10 gallon tank. It ran on my tank about 12 hours before I pulled it off. Everything works properly and it doesn't leak. It's similar to the CPR PS2 HOB Refugium. It includes a Powerhead.

This is the place I got it from, the info is there:
http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=292

Brand new, it was $49.90 + ~$18 shipping. So I'll take the loss on the shipping to me and sell it for $50. Anyone outside of the Vancouver area that's interested I'm willing to ship it to you, but you'll have to pay shipping costs from Richmond BC to your location.

hillbillyreefer
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
How loud is this unit? If I do buy it, it'll be for a new tank in the bedroom and quiet is essential. How much flow will it handle? How much flow is the powerhead rated for?

Thanks
Brad

Cameron
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
What powerhead is included? How long is it?

FBNitro
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
The power head is their EX250 (http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=304) rated for 250 GPH. If you planned on using the skimmer I wouldn't recommend it for a bedroom since the air draw does make noise (that may quiet down over time but I don't know for sure and don't want you to be upset if it doesn't... I'm not an expert on skimmers). If you were just going to use the refuge then it's the power head noise and the return pipe noise which could be managed by additional pipe if it were an issue. I slept through the night with it just outside my bedroom with the skimmer air knob adjusted off so there wasn't noise from that.

The Fuge body is 14.5" long, the power head adds some length to that on the inside of the tank (I'm at work and don't have it in front of me) I'd estimate about 1.5", which would give about 16" total inner tank width. I'll measure it when I get home to be certain.

FBNitro
01-08-2008, 03:22 AM
I was correct, it's just under 16" across from the end of the power head to the return pipe. If you guys would like any pictures or anything just let me know.